BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post some of the things you ask yourself why did BMW do that. Lets see how many of us wonder the same thing.

Here are some of the things that come to mind.

1. Why is it when you have your head light on while the engine running then turn it off the head light shuts off but not the parking? They should have time delay like your interior lights so it don't drain the battery or even like the path way lights.

2. Why are the smallest thing in such an expensive car an option? Cant these things be standard? Example: trunk release or even fold down rear seats.

3. Why is the gas lid on the right hand side when you get out on the left and walk the whole way around?

Please participate...

TIA,
Charlie
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
512 Posts
Why does my german-made 525i have (had) a french alternator?

Why does my alternator have a more direct cooling duct than my airbox?

Why are there coolant lines going to my throttle body?!

Why is the dipstick on the opposite side of the oil fill?

Why are my factory 10 speakers common-grounded when the headunit is also grounded?

Why do E46 have "cold weather" package but no limited slip included?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,167 Posts
Yellowmann said:
Post some of the things you ask yourself why did BMW do that. Lets see how many of us wonder the same thing.

Here are some of the things that come to mind.

1. Why is it when you have your head light on while the engine running then turn it off the head light shuts off but not the parking? They should have time delay like your interior lights so it don't drain the battery or even like the path way lights.

2. Why are the smallest thing in such an expensive car an option? Cant these things be standard? Example: trunk release or even fold down rear seats.

3. Why is the gas lid on the right hand side when you get out on the left and walk the whole way around?

Please participate...

TIA,
Charlie
1. Hence why they are called parking lights. The car doesn't have to be on for them to operate, it can be used as a security measure I suppose.

2. Because people are willing to pay for them pretty much. BMW will always advertise their base price which pretty much has the car equipped with zero, that way you have a guy who just saw a BMW commercial expecting to pay $300 and change on a brand new E46s lease payments... That number pretty much goes up 25% once the numbers are put down on paper and I guess thats when the skill of the salesman comes into play.

3. Good question. You have to also take into account that Europe also has RHD steering wheels on their vehicles in some countries, no idea as to the reasoning though.
 

·
life is a *****..........
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
3. Why is the gas lid on the right hand side when you get out on the left and walk the whole way around?






^^^^^weight distrabution
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
133 Posts
i always thought it was a good idea (although i guess it could have been accidental) to have the gas tank instrument on the same side as the gas cap - to remind you...

but that's not how it is in my 03 330xi...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
1- Why the hell does the AC/Heat come on everytime u start the car?
2- Why does driving in Step suck up so much gas. Its like u can see the needle moving.
3-Why is the leather so hard? Seats are not soft and plush like the 5series.
4- Why in the world would they send M3's with manual seats as standard, the car is like $50Gs???

I also agree with your #1 question yellow.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
512 Posts
BM-MAN said:
1- Why the hell does the AC/Heat come on everytime u start the car?
2- Why does driving in Step suck up so much gas. Its like u can see the needle moving.
3-Why is the leather so hard? Seats are not soft and plush like the 5series.
4- Why in the world would they send M3's with manual seats as standard, the car is like $50Gs???

I also agree with your #1 question yellow.
3. You probably have leatherette...

4. Because its an M car.... it doesn't have a spare tire either.
 

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
E28Fiend said:
who cares...the cars perform so well, that these things just don't matter...
IM asking people what they wonder... I dont need comments like yours...

Why is your sig so damn big??:lmao: :lmao:

PS. thanks everyone else for answering some of my whys..... I was hoping you had some to post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,258 Posts
UrineMachine said:


3. You probably have leatherette...

4. Because its an M car.... it doesn't have a spare tire either.
No, I have Premium pkg & Leather for sure :thumbup:, I know for a fact its not ette. I know what ette smells like when u get into 3 with it. Like plastic/rubber.

Because it's an M car is not explaining anything. All the cars come manual seats unless u get a pkg.
 

·
'a certain moderator'
Joined
·
38,245 Posts
M cars are performance oriented, and the power seats weigh more than the non power. perhaps this is why :D
 

·
Like school on a Sunday...
Joined
·
845 Posts
1. Why is the stock BMW jack such a piece of sh*t?

2. Why do US spec BMWs still have the worthless econometer (mpg) guage instead of the much more useful oil temperature guage?

3. Why are the stock gearbox throws ridiculously long (as well as the stock clutch travel)?
 

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
Joined
·
4,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dboffa said:
1. Why is the stock BMW jack such a piece of sh*t?

2. Why do US spec BMWs still have the worthless econometer (mpg) guage instead of the much more useful oil temperature guage?

3. Why are the stock gearbox throws ridiculously long (as well as the stock clutch travel)?
those are good ones...


Artan5 can you explain... do u mean the tank of gas or the gas inlet?
 

·
life is a *****..........
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
the battery is also in the trunk on the opposite side of the driver, for the weight distubution, so the car is level with i think a 155lb drive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
338 Posts
1. Why can't we have one button that does power on and off for the climate control etc...

2. Why does my engine growl oftentimes... when my 4runner and Mercedes engines sound like they are running much smoother at idle.

3. Why can't they create the sport option on the Automatic's such that you can make it stay in sport at all time.
 

·
.--. . -. .. ...
Joined
·
5,545 Posts
3. Why is the gas lid on the right hand side when you get out on the left and walk the whole way around?






^^^^^weight distrabution

So, goin w/ what you said, does that mean w/ a full tank our cars arent as balanced as they would be w/ an empty one (or visa versa)?

WHY THE FOOK DID BMW MAKE THE 04'S HAVE A 1 PIECE HEADLIGHT?? JUST TO PISS PEOPLE LIKE ME OFF THAT WANT ANGEL EYES?!!!!
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Top