BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
hammer talks like this
4,221 Posts
oh no..... cant ask that question.... ppl go nuts.... search posts about that topic hahahha... everyone said "listen to each and YOU decide".

·
Registered
11 Posts
a/d/s for me

a/d/s sounds the best to my ear. Listen to them all and pick the one that you like the best.

m_man

·
The Achiever
1,758 Posts
generally focal utopias, a/d/s, rainbows, dynaudio, diamond audio and MB Quarts are always at the very top level of component speakers... JL is not quite there yet, but great comps none the less (i've got them and love them)... my favorite is dynaudio but i've never had a chance to listen to focal utopias, rainbows, nor a/d/s....

any speaker you get you will be happy, but as said before, when spending this much money, you need to hear them.

I know that for some audiophiles the MB Quart top of the line are a bit too bright in the tweeter section, and i can vouch for that in my opinion.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,997 Posts
also depends on what type of music you listen to most. a/d/s, rainbow, and dynaudio have more of a natural, laid back tone to them...the others mentioned may sound a little "bright" in some aspect, good for rap music or people who just want their music loud. i say anything than the stock speakers are worth getting.

and plus a/d/s fit nicely into our doors...they used to make perfect fits for bimmers a few years back

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
MB Quarts speakers and JL amps and subs are a nice combo - especially for rap music or music with heavy base.

It's funny how the Germans (MB Quarts) tailored their speakers to rap music- now that is funny :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts