BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

81 - 100 of 206 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
I've got 147,000 on my 2000 323i, and STILL running stock shocks, ride quality sucks but engine is still strong.

·
Registered
291 Posts
84k on my early production 99 328i

DJ

And I have had every problem known to man with this car as a result of that early production date.

\
turb0 said:
50k and still pulling strong like a tank :hi:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Why do you need a new engine?

dbtheo said:
154,559 miles and rolling, I have 10 days left to put as many miles as I can before the new engine. The trip to Atlanta alone is 754 miles, so I'm guessing I'll end up around 158K, I gonna shoot for 160 though :p
Is it shot?

·
Registered
63 Posts
:craig: <-------I think I have the lowest!

Since my new 330ci ZHP is on the boat over from Germany, I'm sure it only a couple of miles on it. :)

Deacon

·
Registered
851 Posts
I have :yikes: 82,000 :yikes: on my '04 325i. Bought it brand new in December of 2003. Can anyone beat that?

You'd never think that it'll come in handy for anything. Untill the DMV decided to suspend my license for six months & to put me on a 1 yr probation (5 points in 1 year). {California Vehicle Code Section 12810.5(a)}. So I researched it and found that the same CVC Section also states the following: In applying this subdivision to a driver, if the person requests and appears at a hearing conducted by the department, the department shall give due consideration to the amount of use or mileage traveled in the operation of a motor vehicle.

So I requested a hearing, took a copy of my last Service Repair Order... &... Baddabing... Baddaboom... I got my license back. No suspension, but they kept me on probation for 1 year.

So now I say: "The vehicle code section that taketh away, can also giveth right back."

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,385 Posts
Speeder said:
I have :yikes: 82,000 :yikes: on my '04 325i. Bought it brand new in December of 2003. Can anyone beat that?

You'd never think that it'll come in handy for anything. Untill the DMV decided to suspend my license for six months & to put me on a 1 yr probation (5 points in 1 year). {California Vehicle Code Section 12810.5(a)}. So I researched it and found that the same CVC Section also states the following: In applying this subdivision to a driver, if the person requests and appears at a hearing conducted by the department, the department shall give due consideration to the amount of use or mileage traveled in the operation of a motor vehicle.

So I requested a hearing, took a copy of my last Service Repair Order... &... Baddabing... Baddaboom... I got my license back. No suspension, but they kept me on probation for 1 year.

So now I say: "The vehicle code section that taketh away, can also giveth right back."
Just over 5,000 per month. That's insane. The most mileage put on in a short span of anybody I know personally is about 10,000 in the past four, or 2500/month. I managed to do something close to that in the fall of 03', though it's been slow going since.

·
Bahn Burnah
2,447 Posts
Speeder said:

Well I'm close, over 190k on a 2000 model.

·
Registered
47 Posts
how???

akhbhaat, congrats on getting your license back, awesome loophole, i must say. but i have to ask if i may, how did you put that much mileage on a car in such a short span?? the most i've ever done is 30k miles/ year.

·
Lying, drunken cheat
4,385 Posts
Saiyan said:
akhbhaat, congrats on getting your license back, awesome loophole, i must say. but i have to ask if i may, how did you put that much mileage on a car in such a short span?? the most i've ever done is 30k miles/ year.
I think you've got me confused with the other guy. :) My car is a 2000 with 57,000 miles.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
i purchased my 323i with 129k in july 25thof 04..........its currently 4/15/05 and i have 136k is that bad?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Saiyan said:
Actually it's I that almost lost my license. (and trust me, I am neither bragging about that nor am I bragging about the # of miles I have).

You called it a "loophole". I don't know if that is a good way to describe it, because it makes a whole lot of sense. I mean no one drives the speed limit. Right? But with me driving 4 to five times the amount of miles as the avg driver, my odds of getting caught are just as many times higher than those of the avg driver.
You asked me how I managed to put that many miles on my '04. Well, I am a Regional Rep for a company in Southern California. I drive about 70 miles each way to and from work every day. I spend the mornings in the office and I'm O.T.R. (not On The Rag) "on the road" visiting different clients, offices and branches in the afternoon. My area spans over L. A. & Ventura Counties as well as part of Orange County. So in addition to the 140 miles to & from work, I may log another 150 to 200 miles a day.

What's kinda nice about that is that I get reimbursed for mileage which almost makes up for the car payment & insurance combined.

... & with five points on my license......, you can imagine what my insurance premium is like... :eek:mg:

But hey, I bought a car so I can drive it, not so I can park it!

·
Likes Supermodels
2,836 Posts
Ohrid said:
well.. My dad has hit 260,000miles in his 1998 535i...
Awesome! :thumbup:

81 - 100 of 206 Posts