BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i've read alot of the threads regarding DDE's and DAE's. I know alot of people prefer Herbs kits but I think i'm gonna go for Umnitza's kit. Mainly coz he has a good contact/seller here in the UK.

I've seen Umnitzas (Matts) pics of the DDE's installed and they look way too bright (possibly coz of his camera settings). I'm looking for pics of other peeps cars with the Gen.4's installed to see how they look and to compare them with matts pics.

Please dont post "they're sh!t" or "get DAE's" coz I know what I want and I know the differences. I just need some more pics to push me towards buying them.

Another thing i'm interested is how they can be wired to replace the standard sidelights/parking lights (light setting before main). Surely if I remove the standard sidelight bulbs the warning indicator will show up on my dash?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd like o see some pics aswell.DDE's look great, love the xennon blueish color

·
Registered
700 Posts
DDX said:
Ok, i've read alot of the threads regarding DDE's and DAE's. I know alot of people prefer Herbs kits but I think i'm gonna go for Umnitza's kit. Mainly coz he has a good contact/seller here in the UK.

I've seen Umnitzas (Matts) pics of the DDE's installed and they look way too bright (possibly coz of his camera settings). I'm looking for pics of other peeps cars with the Gen.4's installed to see how they look and to compare them with matts pics.

Please dont post "they're sh!t" or "get DAE's" coz I know what I want and I know the differences. I just need some more pics to push me towards buying them.

Another thing i'm interested is how they can be wired to replace the standard sidelights/parking lights (light setting before main). Surely if I remove the standard sidelight bulbs the warning indicator will show up on my dash?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Hey,

Here are some good pics of Cabby's car. He did the install with some freinds on his car, I helped him the week after finish them up.
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43957&highlight=DDE

they look great, very bright:thumbup:

I currently have the DDE gen2's on my car. I bought them from matt also. He is a great guy. I have been working with him lately, I will be doing installs on DDEs here in the MD,VA,DC,PA areas.

so your saying you want to replace the parking lights with the DDE's? I dont know about that. Its not hard to wire them to the parking lights, but to replace them altogether? :dunno:

If you need any pics or more info, just email me [email protected]

here are my gen 4's. Sitting waiting to be installed. I just have to choose which set, HID Blue or Clears....

Tell matt john v said hi...

John V

·
Site Sponsor
18,471 Posts
Hey Beema, you can stop by my home - you live close enough.

I'm still experimenting with my wife's 7 series, so you can see what I've done - gotta improve the product with research:)

The attached pic is by my certified installer:)

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, those pics look great, in the post that John mentioned cabby mentions that the colour can be changed via a lens too. Is this right matt, I thought the ring had to be changed for the colour?

·
Registered
401 Posts
umnitza said:
Hey Beema, you can stop by my home - you live close enough.

I'm still experimenting with my wife's 7 series, so you can see what I've done - gotta improve the product with research:)

The attached pic is by my certified installer:)
Right on might take u up on that offer:thumbup:

·
Site Sponsor
18,471 Posts
ok, I've just sold out of the current batch that I received and should be getting more in this week.

But, I'm going on my first vacation in 3 years for 2 days to celebrate my wife's birthday, so we *may* have to postpone til next week:):thumbup:

The filter is something that we don't ship anymore - though it was glass and high quality, it was something that simply blocks too much light from entering the fiber.

We've come up with a better solution with the blue rings.

But we *may* come out with something even better than that that will be modular.

In any case, it's not a huge difference for existing customers because we ship the blue and clear rings anyway:)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Umnitza- u have a e36 m3 right. By any chance is it white with around 100 thousand miles???:eeps:

·
Registered
401 Posts
umnitza said:
Did I cut you off?:eeps: If so, then it wasn't me:eek: ;)

If not, yep, that's me:)
it's missing a headlight waiting for my ZKWs to come in:)
Yo one more question u part of bay beamers. Your name erik??

·
Registered
401 Posts
umnitza said:
Erik's a good buddy of mine - he's got a 95 M3/2.
Erik's going to be installing a DDE package on an E46 this Friday @ 2pm - unless the sky falls:)

Mine's an M3/4 - also almost 100K:)
Sweet i met erik at the costco in livermore and he gave his business card and told me to email him about the bay beamers. Forgot about it but i will. That guy has a sweet ride

1 - 15 of 15 Posts