E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Courtesy of the one and only Mr. Jon Shafer

3 Series Pricing Change Effective 4.1.03

MY 2004 3 Series Coupes and Converts:

325Ci Coupe base price $30,100.
325Ci Convert $37,300.
330Ci Coupe $36,300.
330Ci Convert $43,600.

no change in pkg prices

Xenon (adaptive) $800

MY 2003 3 Series Sedans & Sport Wagons:

No price increase on 325i and 325xi Sedans.
No price increase on 325i and 325xi Sport Wagons
330i Sedan base price $34,800. *6-speed manual now
standard! Wow!!! (all 330 models, not 325's)
330xi Sedan base price $36,550.00
ZHP Perf Pkg. $3,900.00

A quick summary of the MY2004 3 Series Coupe and
Convertible visual design changes:

• New headlights
• New kidney grilles
• New front spoiler
• New hood
• New front fenders with new turn signal indicators
• New taillights
• New shape to the trunk grip
• New rear apron

Note: U.S. specification 330Ci Coupes and Convertibles no longer have titanium finish in the headlight surrounds or on the front spoiler. Visual differentiation between the 325Ci and 330Ci Coupes and Convertibles still includes the wheels, tailpipes (chrome on the 330 models), and the rear badge.

New colors:
• Mystic Blue (A07) replaces Topaz Blue on all 3 Series models as of March production.
• Silver Gray (A08) replaces Steel Gray on all 3 Series models as of March production.

New wheels:

MY2004 325Ci Coupe and Convertible

• Styling 88 (16 x 7) with all-season tires replaces Styling 43.
• Styling 119 (17 x 8) with performance tires replaces Styling 44 when the sport package (ZSP) is ordered.

MY2004 330Ci Coupe and Convertible

• Styling 98 (17 x 7) with all-season tires replaces Styling 79.
• Styling 71 (18 x 8 front and 18 x 8.5 rear) with performance tires replaces Styling 72M when 18-inch wheels are ordered
with the sport package (ZSP). Use ordering code 795.

Technical changes:

• Adaptive headlights—an all-new feature for BMW—is available as an option. The headlights turn in the direction of intended travel depending on steering wheel input, vehicle speed, and yaw rate. The feature is bundled with Xenon headlights and is only available on the 3 Series Coupe and Convertible.

• Adaptive brake lights are now standard on all 3 Series as of March production. This feature was first introduced on the 7 Series. Under hard braking, the brake lights illuminate more intensely, communicating a critical safety signal to following drivers.

• The rain sensor and automatic headlight control are standard for all Coupes and Convertibles. These features were previously only available with the Premium Package (ZPP).

• Rear PDC (Park Distance Control) is now available on all 3 Series models. PDC was only available previously on 330 models and the Sports Wagon.

• A 6-speed manual is now standard on all 330 models as of March production. The automatic transmission remains a 5-speed.

• Cleaner engines as of March production on all 3 Series. Both the 2.5-liter and 3.0-liter inline 6 cylinder engines will be classified as ULEV2 (Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) engines in all 50 states. The 2.5-liter was formerly classified as a LEV and the 3.0-liter was classified as a ULEV. The 325i Sedan, 325Ci Coupe and 325i Sports Wagon remain SULEV (Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle) in the CARB states (CA, MA, NY, and VT) when equipped with automatic transmissions.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,661 Posts
vinnymac said:
So, does that mean a 6-speed will be standard on the 330Ci as well?
vinny i saw in a maz.

that the 2004 330es they have a performance package. with a 6 speed,a work up exhaust and it goes up 300 more on the tach, giving 10hp more than a reg.330
bob ;) ;)

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
6,696 Posts
bobm3 said:
vinny i saw in a maz.

that the 2004 330es they have a performance package. with a 6 speed,a work up exhaust and it goes up 300 more on the tach, giving 10hp more than a reg.330
bob ;) ;)

Yeah, I know about the performance package for the 330i sedan...I'm just wondering if the 6-speed will be available for for the 330Ci coupe.

I've considering trading in my car and I will definitely go with a manual this time around. :D

·
Registered
121 Posts
vinnymac said:

Yeah, I know about the performance package for the 330i sedan...I'm just wondering if the 6-speed will be available for for the 330Ci coupe.

I've considering trading in my car and I will definitely go with a manual this time around. :D
A 6-speed manual is STANDARD ON ALL 330 MODELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tsk:

·
Registered
559 Posts
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same about justifying $6K + more for a 330ci vs. 325ci?

I know you get a +41hp increase, and a couple of minor exterior and interior upgrades, but $6k+ :wtf:

I might as well save it for some Miz-ods! :loco:

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
JesseM said:
Is it just me or does anyone else feel the same about justifying $6K + more for a 330ci vs. 325ci?

I know you get a +41hp increase, and a couple of minor exterior and interior upgrades, but $6k+ :wtf:

I might as well save it for some Miz-ods! :loco:
Similarly equipped, the diff is only $4 K US (330 has more std equipment). Not just 40 hp, but also 40 ft-lbs of torque.

Spend $4 K US on power mods, I doubt you'd get 40 hp, 40 ft-lbs of torque. :dunno:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I noticed that the bmw.ca is now listing the 6 speed standard on the sedan but not on the coupe. Does anyone know if this performance package coming to the states is coming to Canada. I know up here we can get the M sport package on the sedan but that does not have a horsepower increase.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts