BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
[]D[][]V[][]D[][]\[]
2,782 Posts
on and go

·
mod bug resistant
617 Posts
When it's cold outside, I let it sit for about a minute and then start driving. During summer I don't let it warm up at all.

·
HartgE46
788 Posts
I think the Driver's Manual even states that it's safest for your engine to warm up while driving below a certain RPM and that letting a cold engine idle is not good for it. Such is the reason for the variable RPM redline indicator on the M3.

·
Registered
780 Posts
<---- Socal. Its never cold enough for me to worry about warming up. But I leave the house at 6am so I don't normally push the engine because I am just too damn tired.

But I do open the sun roof every morning and blast the radio all the way the school.

·
****** User
1,041 Posts
never warmed up. but my neighbor he freaking rev's the sh*t outta his jeep everymorning and wakes me up. I just wanna sock that guy

·
booo for body roll.
3,417 Posts
nope i turn it on.. let the rpms dip to about 1000 and drive. i dont really care to tell you the truth.. i don't plan on keeping the car FOREVER. i think that not properly warming up ur engine will effect u in the higher miles.. 80k+ and ill only keep it till around 40k.. just my output on things.. lol.. no dobut, the car is stil lmy baby

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
You are supposed to start and go while slowly increasing revs :thumbup:

·
Registered
363 Posts
Owners manual says to let it warm up while driving. Be easy on it until it fully warms up.

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,095 Posts
-20 this morning. Dropped to -32 with wind chill. Get in and drive.
:yikes: o god, i didnt think it could get that cold. i would be afraid to hit a bump too hard, i would think my tire would shatter lol. damn, i dont car, i would let that car warm up first. i'd install one of those remote starters. thats crazy cold.

dalton

·
Registered
265 Posts
I read the newpaper and they put up a strategy that don't warm up your car more than 30 sec......it says let the car runs and it helps the engine oil/tranny oil go smoother.

·
Law Enforcer
2,303 Posts
I let my M warm up in the morning after sitting overnight. Otherwise, I usually get in, wait about a minute or so, and drive slowly until it warms up.

(both of my "babies" below :D ) ..before you say she's short, she's 5'1". ..heehee

Attachments

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I used to warm it up...

But now I just start it up and go...unless if it's too freezin outside, then i'll warm it up so that the car's interior can be heated up...

1 - 20 of 38 Posts