E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay everyone,
well im in need for crossed drilled replacement rotors for my rear soons. who sells them for a good price and also what brands are out there for this product?

thanks,
john

02 330ci

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
e46boy said:
wheelexperts
rennsport
spp

brembo/zimmerman are the popular choices
Cross drilled = :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i heard there is something with the brembos cast drilled rotors that some of the holes are rotating backwards or something on one side?

thanks,
john

ps. juss to get it correct brembo cast holes(drilled) are better then drilled after casting?

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,156 Posts

·
name's PHIL
5,887 Posts
yeah definitely do charlies kit............cheaper than a BBK, but u'll get some performance stopping power from this kit rather than just replacing your rotors :thumbup:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i was originally going to do something like that kit. Cast drilled rotors, steel braid brake lines, hawk hps(dustless)pads and brake oil. juss looking for a good rotors.

John

·
Registered
214 Posts
RacerX said:
I thought cross drilled were better than slotted because the slotted are a lot less brake pad friendly. :dunno:
just get cross drilled & slotted :p

Cross drilled rotors are great, wayyyyy better stoppage in wet weather... i know i went from regular to cross drilled on T/A... gonn a do same on bmw too once i get them hamann's

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,156 Posts

·
Read Only
12,638 Posts
i agree yellowman getting installed my 4 wheel 14" stopteck bbk

on saturday. looking foward to seeing how it looks and feels. also i had to wait a month for my silver calipers to. pictures will be following very soon once the bbk is on my car.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
GordonMurray said:
Cross drilled = :thumbdwn:
:werd: They are loud and they warp easier. You'll never need them outside of a track application. And even then think about slotted or a x-drilled/slotted combo.

·
Banned
1,987 Posts
SteelBlueXI said:
:werd: They are loud and they warp easier. You'll never need them outside of a track application. And even then think about slotted or a x-drilled/slotted combo.
Slotted = :thumbup:

·
Registered
212 Posts
I prefer the slotted over x-drilling.. The drilling always just seems to crack after a couple good hard runs. Check out purems.com they just added a bunch of rotor options..

Make sure you invest in some good pads and fluid to boot. They'll go a long way in helping braking. I run Motul600, but lots of good results with the Typ200 ATE fluid as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.