E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had an oil service done by Vines (for the S.H)
....they charged me ....wait for it.... £230!
& they didnt even change a bulb I asked them to!
Aparently too busy.....god knows why
any stories out there?

·
Registered
377 Posts
That sounds too expensive. I was quoted 250/190quid for an Inspection2 (first price is for collection&delivery, the later for self-drop/pickup), whilst an oil change was 130quid (this was from Barons). Same oil change can be done in major franchises like nationwide autocentre for 90 using full synth oil. They changed the light bulbs? It takes 2 mins but they probably charged you full whack for bulbs/oils etc... if the car is out of warranty, just DIY :thumbup:

·
Flex UK Style
2,549 Posts
My dealer is a god! Altwood Windsor. £200 for Inspection 1, £120 for Oil Change, don't know about Inspection 2 yet as my car hasn't needed it. Warranty work carried out with no questions, courtesy car always available, 10% off all parts used, not a single complaint

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have been ripped off by my local Leicester dealer many a time. I have decided to use Damon Hill :woot: in Warwick from now on as there customer servive is just tops. Took it in the other day and as my EML light was on. The leicester dealer wanted 1 hrs labour (approx £80) quid :huh: just to give me the diagnostics whilst Damon Hill charged me just 15 minutes work. All it is is a 10 minute job but the Leicester dealer was adamant they wanted 1 hours labour. Also they wanted £60 quid for a ACS glass piece whilst Damon Hill charged me £40 with free p&p.

·
Registered
36 Posts
lucky they didn't have time to change your lightbulb.
they charge me £17 just for labour to change the poxy boot light.
it's a 30 sec job if you figured out how to take the bulb out.
i didn't expect they would charge me nevermind £17 labour becos it was during the service.
never ask them to do anything again, they'd probably charge you £17 labour if you had a flat tyre and wanted to get them pumped up. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
377 Posts
BlackBimmerUK said:
I have been ripped off by my local Leicester dealer many a time. I have decided to use Damon Hill :woot: in Warwick from now on as there customer servive is just tops. Took it in the other day and as my EML light was on. The leicester dealer wanted 1 hrs labour (approx £80) quid :huh: just to give me the diagnostics whilst Damon Hill charged me just 15 minutes work. All it is is a 10 minute job but the Leicester dealer was adamant they wanted 1 hours labour. Also they wanted £60 quid for a ACS glass piece whilst Damon Hill charged me £40 with free p&p.
bargain :thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts