BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to replace my cowl part #51718232894.
Been looking around. Here's what i found.
ECS 86.91 shipped
Bmwpartsource 91.80 shipped
Bmwparts outlet 62.93 shipped
Tischer 76.90 shipped
bmwmercedesparts.com 55.36 shipped
Vista BMW in stock (local dealership) 92.04
I'm thinking on just getting it from the dealership so i would have it right away but really I'm in no hurry. Waiting to get a few more shipping quotes.
Just wondering if any one replaced theirs recently and who would be the best vendor to deal with.
I have used bmwpartsource and ecs in the past. Vendors feel free to to respond or offer some free shipping:D

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
buy the cheapest price for it. I think I paid $45 with a wholesale discount for mine.

edit.. i just checked that bmwmercedesparts.com woow... they sell at rock bottom prices. very close to dealer cost!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks like I'm going to go with bmwmercedesparts.com. Hard to believe the difference in prices. I edited got shipping quotes from every one. Shipping was between 12-14 bucks except for ecs and bmwpartsourse it was around 40.
just purchased through bmwmercedes (aka Husker BMW) also.
after dealing with a number of BMW sources, they are my #1.

also, a good idea to get part numbers 51718208479 and 51718208480 at the same time.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=EV53&mospid=47725&btnr=51_3267&hg=51&fg=20

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Replaced mine last summer. Got mine from ECS, and as I remember, the shipping was only 12 or so bucks.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
I replaced mine over the summer, it's kinda a PITA to wiggle the wiper arms to get the nut to come off but once you figure it out it's easy.

edit: bought mine on here, someone had one they didn't need, got it for like 40 shipped.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
I got mine from koperformance. $56.59 + FREE SHIPPING

http://www.koperformance.com/online_ordering/search_catalog.php?domains=www.koperformance.com&q=51718232894

I've ordered from them on 5 different occasions. Good service, fast shipping.

KOPerformance sucks. They don't return phone calls or emails. For a company that wants business, they don't know how to treat potential customers.

Never returned any of my emails. Phone message left for me said they return emails quicker. Ha.

·
Registered
362 Posts
WOW, this was over a year ago, cap'n.

I always had perfect service from them.

To be fair though, I never tried to call or e-mail them with questions because I always knew what parts I wanted. I never needed any special help or assistance to complete my orders.

I do my research ahead of time using realoem.com.

I used the website to place my orders. They arrived at my door in a timely manner.

Your mileage may vary, I guess.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts