E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which kit?

• ACS coupe?

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Hamann coupe?

Votes: 8 61.5%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on where to get a replica kit for my 2000 coupe.

Eric Lui?
or
Utomos
or
www.gotperformance.com

I have heard mixed reviews about all of them and wanted to hear any experiences with them.
I am looking for the whole kit. Either Hamann or ACS.

Thanks for the help.

PS
quick poll

·
booo for body roll.
3,105 Posts
i guess it really depends on which batch of replicas they are. i would never buy a replica kit tho.. just save ur money some more.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
I agree with the saving up part. only get side skirt replicas if you really want to get replicas. if your replica's fitment is off, it will cost you more than you think to have them altered to fit.

To answer your poll, I have also heard Utumo's replicas, the ones actually molded from the real hamann piece opposed to other replicas, has the best fitment. however, i have no experience myself.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
get hamann because acs one without the cool sticker is not cool

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Here is Utomo's kit. I have replica sides and rear. Here are the sides. Sorry for the quality, It was just some quick pics after the install, plus it was raining, and dirts/sand on the ground from the previos snow storm

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice posts....thanks for the pics...I hope if I get a replica it fits as nice as yours...I have a coupe do u think the fitment is as good for the coupe?

Thanks

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
pimpinCI said:
Nice posts....thanks for the pics...I hope if I get a replica it fits as nice as yours...I have a coupe do u think the fitment is as good for the coupe?

Thanks
no problem :thumbup: I think you should contact Utomo to get this info from him. My fitment was great, no gaps no nothing. I have no complaints. There are other members who have the coupe hamann replica kit installed from Utomo, and before buying mine, I pmed them about the fitment, and they said it was fine, so maybe those will respond to this post. Utomo's kits are first replica copies from the original Hamann kits. Most other replica kits are replica copies of other replicas, so I guess thats y his kits fit as good as they do. Like I said, I have no complaints on my kit, maybe I'm just lucky, i don't know:dunno: so I would suggest emailing Utomo with your questions. Even if the fitment was off, it's nothing a body shop wouldn't be able to fix:thumbup: hope this helps

1 - 20 of 28 Posts