BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Banned
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago one of my neighbors told me that I drive too fast when i am driving within our gated community. I told them that they were mistaken because my exhaust just makes it sound like I am driving really fast. Well she didnt seem to buy it :tsk: But I really am not driving more than 25 mph. Sucks to have retards as neighbors :mad:

·
needs a new sig...
4,602 Posts
I have been told to slow down and that i drive to fast by my neighbors on my block..i said ok..rolled my window up and smoked em for a few secs and drove away!

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
Don't worry....every neighborhood we have moved into has told us to slow down...hahaha!

dates back to our Purdue days in Indiana at our old house to now, in our current place. Seems most neighbors don't appreciate nice cars and motorcycles :(

But do slow down for the kiddies...hitting one would not be cool!

rk

·
Banned
776 Posts
some pedestrians at this town center/mall place in Columbus were like 20 feet away from me and felt threatened and yelled "slow down son!" at me

oh yeah then some kids ran into a crosswalk while i was turning so i had to slam on the brakes and they flicked me off, i just laughed at them

·
"DPErt-ASchnizA-*****"
6,588 Posts
i was told once in my old car.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Only once in teh Tacoma after surfing, going about 30 on a 25 at about 6000+rpms sounded like it was gonna blow up, she chased us down one block to our houe and told us we were a hazard, we laughed got out of the car she turned to talk to us walked up the driveway went inside shej ust stood out there. :lmao:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yeah, and the retards who flash their brights for some reason after I pass them on the freeway....... :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
198 Posts
ya

You have to see my area , they are crazy as well , everyone has either bmw , benz, porsche , or the big dog S55 . i had to yell at one of my neighbors to slow down her fake ass porsche boxster.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
older people say that alot

don't sweat it happens to very body
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
hm

not by my neighbors but i have been told by 2 cab drivers that im not in jersey anymore and that this is boston so don't drive like an idiot....

all i did was ask them how they liked their job and drove away...that was mean (sorrie to any cabbies out there) but i don't appreciate people that drive as reckless as boston cabbies telling me how to drive.

another time in jersey some guy pulled up next to me and told me to slow down...some 50 year old driving his cutless...i gave him a piece of my mind.

·
Registered
832 Posts
i have about 10 times now, it gets to be funny after the first few times... i laugh at them and drive away now

·
Sick of Modding my car
446 Posts
Iv actully had people tell my mom about how good i drove:thumbup: but when there are those constuction workers with the slow signs, i also drive at high rpm's in 1st gear, everytime they tell me to slow down when im going like 9mph:lmao:

·
Registered
938 Posts
never, but i've been told i wash my car too much... and they probably think im a drug dealer since im the only person that lives in the house and my friends' cars are often outside :eeps:

·
Banned
1,166 Posts
LOL Kenny....we get it all the time we us young guys and the big house....ahhaha

who cares what they think :)

rk

·
Registered
221 Posts
May I humbly suggest that if someone takes the time/effort to contact you and tell you that you are driving too fast, you probably are. If they don't get through to you, then maybe one of my fellow officers will at some point. People seem to take me pretty seriously when I tell them they are speeding, and NO ONE has ever just laughed and walked/drove away. Maybe its the red and blue lights......

·
Registered
336 Posts
I haven't been told to slow down, but I have told this M3 to slow down. He just yelled at me and sped away and then ran over this girl when he couldn't brake fast enough. All this happened right in front of me, so I was the key witness.

Advise: slow down in neighborhoods. You could find other places to use your car's potential. Or else even if you are able to afford to pay for any accidents, your conscience might not forget.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Nah, I never try to speed in my neighborhood cause I live between 2 cops and 5 cops all together on my street:D

Whats crazy is that my tint is illegal and I have a V1 radar detector right on the dash:lmao: :lmao:

1 - 20 of 136 Posts