E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime I go to my dealer for service I am kept waiting around or ignored. Im getting sick of their **** :ben: of course if I go with my Dad the service does impove quite a bit :rolleyes: Why dont they have respect for us youngins.....and when i say that i mean those under 25. Are they just sore that we are driving cars that they will never be able to afford their entire lives :dunno: Whats the deal :thumbdwn: All I have to say is **** dealers :flipoff:

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
depends how i was dressed, what car or truck pulled up in, what day of the week visited(salesman are use to weekend entrants killing time)...until they get to know ya...then they realize here comes that guy under 25 who has an automobile fetish..lol

·
Nonsense Generator
946 Posts
I just turned 19 when I went to get my car. One dealer treated me like a joke, so I left and went to Century West BMW and they treated me like anyone else, with respect.

·
Registered
89 Posts
You definatly right when it comes to that. I have always been treated poorly when it comes to Customer Service with vehicles. I think its even harder when your looking to buy and they see you on the lot for the more upscale cars...they never think your serious. They take us as kids that are here to dream about getting something like that some day. But as soon as you go with your dad they are all F$%$ over you. It's kinda a shame but what can you expect when your a dealer the chance of that random young person actually being some one really out there wanting to buy. This is something that will probably never change.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hahaha true true.
I went in to mine and was like i want to order a new 330ci last year. It took someone like 15 minutes just to come to me and i could see like salesmen argueing about why someone should help me and sthey didnt want to waste their time.

I called the General Manager a bi*ch to his face when he said where's my dad? then my salesman Corby came and was really nice to me and I ordered my NEW car that same day. Put $1,000 cash deposit down that day for the order. Then when the car came in the General Manager was like so hows did u think u were going to finance this in that condesending tone. I put a certified check for $21,000 in front of his bit*h a$$ and his jaw dropped then he was all like ohh u definitly need this option and this and what can i do for u. I said anything i want i will go thru my salesman cuz u are a dick. :ben:

I hate discrimination:flipoff:

·
E46Fanatic
3,060 Posts
i went to look at a white 99' M3 about 2 years ago at smithtown bmw, and i loved everything about it. so i said, alright, let's see how it drives. d!ckhead says, how about you come back with your dad, then we'll take it for a ride. jerkoff, i'm buying the car, not my dad. i feel ya bro. i actually got more respect when i went to mercedes and looked at the CLK430 than by bmw to look for a 3-series.

·
needs a new sig...
3,408 Posts
Umm..I havent ever had a problem at BMW..i was thrown the keys to a Z4 3.0 6spd a few eeks ago alone because i told them i might be interested..i only hd a probem at audi when i went to get info on an S4..i went to infifniti and drove the G35c no questions asked..i guess i just told the guy what he wanted to hear...

·
Law Enforcer
…’22 992 Carrera C2S arriving soon!!!
2,358 Posts
The weird thing is, this is the same reason why Shelly BMW got my service TWICE, instead of Savage BMW. They didn't take me serious, and both times, I went elsewhere and got better service.

The first time I tried to give Savage my business, they "supposedly" ordered my 330ci, even though they were never able to find it on the dealer sheet. Then the wiring harness "burned up" at the VPC, leaving the electronics in the car rendered useless. Oh how convenient!! So off to Shelly BMW I go about a week later and there goes a 330ci, that fits my specifications, but was Alpine White instead of Topaz Blue, but ah well, they got my business.

The 2nd time, again, I tried to give Savage my business even though I was already considering giving Shelly BMW my business again. The salesman didn't take me seriously, and never got back to me about getting an M3. Strike another one for Shelly BMW. Ordered my car through Yi-Wen, and Dec 20th, I picked it up.

It even seems that lower scale dealers like Nissan don't take me serious either. I was interested in test driving the Z for my g/f. She doesn't know much about cars, so it's up to me to make an informed decision about what best fits her needs. They wouldn't let me touch the car, and the Sales manager made a remark along the lines of, "If you were buying a 35k car, would you want people test driving it??" So I give him a sly smile, and walk outside to my M3, and drive away. He felt stupid!!! Now when I pull up to get my g/f's SE-R serviced, they conveniently respect me now. Hmmmm!

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
im only 20 my dealer back up north def goes out of their way to accomadate me since I cant use enterprise their rental agency they pay for I get a demo a whole lot nicer, but the places down here in south florida are total you know what to me cause of my age and I really cant stand it, my dad usually has to call and threaten them

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I walked in to my dealership when I was 16. 3 salesmen ignored me. The one guy came over and talked to me for an hour. Because of this my family bought my 01 330ci from him, my moms 01 X5, and a 01 530i. We then traded in my 330ci and got my M3 from him. He sold my family 4 cars within a year b/c he gave me the time of day. My dad really appreciated this and now the salesman is tryin to get the owner of the dealership to sponsor my racecar!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
EviLSydeSiLk said:
Hahaha true true.
I went in to mine and was like i want to order a new 330ci last year. It took someone like 15 minutes just to come to me and i could see like salesmen argueing about why someone should help me and sthey didnt want to waste their time.

I called the General Manager a bi*ch to his face when he said where's my dad? then my salesman Corby came and was really nice to me and I ordered my NEW car that same day. Put $1,000 cash deposit down that day for the order. Then when the car came in the General Manager was like so hows did u think u were going to finance this in that condesending tone. I put a certified check for $21,000 in front of his bit*h a$$ and his jaw dropped then he was all like ohh u definitly need this option and this and what can i do for u. I said anything i want i will go thru my salesman cuz u are a dick. :ben:

lol NOW THATS FUNNY HOW ARE U GONNA FINANCE THIS BAM !

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
my dealership hates me and treats me like crap, boo to them :thumbdwn:. anyone know a good dealership in the Farifield County CT area?

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
4,524 Posts
duh, i forgot to post who the a$$holes are: Competition and Sports Cars Ltd (although they only carry BMW's) in Greenwhich CT, they hate me cuz im 18.. bastards!...

·
E46 FANATIK
495 Posts
my dealer treats me pretty well. the day i bought my car *24y/o* i was dressed in low sagging shorts, slippers, a visor...they still treated me well and always asked if i needed help. sumtimes when i need to go back to the dealer to get something, i wait a while. all in all, theyre kool, but i have no choice, its the only dealer on the island.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Lol.. I was 23 when I bought my X5. I walked into the dealership about a half hour before they closed, unshaven and wearing a raggy Hawaiian shirt and some cargo shorts. The salesperson to my surprise showed me a great deal of respect. I had him and the owner there until about 9:00 PM, an hour after closing, performing tedious chores such as parking two X5's in a line at once so I could compare them adequately. ;)

At about 9:00 I told the salesperson I wanted to buy one of the cars, and wrote a check for the entire amount. Needless to say, I was ready to drive the thing off the lot that night since this was about an hour and a half out of town for me. And as you can imagine, this guy was not about to take a $47,000 business check on a car from a 23 year old kid without being able to clear it the next day. So they paid for my hotel room and he gave me his 5 series to borrow for the night. lol

8 months later when I bought my M3 I told the salesperson (different dealership) that I wanted to trade in my 2002 X5. I think that pretty much spells "serious buyer" right there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
EviLSydeSiLk said:
Hahaha true true.

Next time if you really want to get them back, GO TO ANOTHER DEALERSHIP...GM in this case still got a sale from you!...from other dealership, bring your new car to the a**hole dearship & have them look at the new car & ask what they think...then tell them that you would have done business with them but there idiots!!! :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts