Votes: 66 88.0%
  • No, I force myself to stay home, have a beater, make others drive

Votes: 9 12.0%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering. Ever since I got my car, I've been anal and it hasn't seen rain yet here in CA. I just stay home or make my friends drive hehehe...But I know eventually I'll have to drive it in the rain.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Hehe, I live in Seattle, so I'd be staying home a lot if I didn't drive in the rain :)

·
St. Louis BMW Fanatic
7,162 Posts
My car is a daily driver so it sees all kinds of weather. In fact I put my snow tires on yesterday and just went out for a spin. We just got about 3 inches of snow today and my car handled pretty well.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
Ill drive it in the rain if its gonna rain for a couple days...but if its gonna rain for 1/2 a day ill just sit home. I cant stand to have it dirty!!!!

·
TPS Report Coverer
276 Posts
hah, and I thought I was the only one who avoided rain like the plague:D Usually when it rains I do as much as I can to avoid driving in it, especially after a fresh wash. It's really hard to explain to friends that you feel like "chilling at home" because you don't wanna get your car wet. But until the day I am forced to drive in the rain, mother nature can kiss my ass:)

·
Masterdebator
1,669 Posts
I like driving in the rain (except when I just washed my car the day before). Being inside my 330i seems tranquil when compared to the outside. I like looking at the rain drop on my moonroof. And I'm not worried about the slickness of the road since I have my DSC (saved me a couple of times with my barely knowing). Lots of people don't like driving in the rain because it's sooo dangerous (understandable w/o DSC). Now I know why, I drove an I4 accord, an that thing was slippin and slidin everywhere, I was ****ing ****ting in my pants (not really)!!! I was like, "no wonder people drive so slow, couldn't get that thing past 60 without the tires giving out.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one that acts this way :D

I always try to get my girlfriend to drive when I think the weather will be bad. We'll be married in a year or so, so I guess my automobile excentricity doesn't freak her out too much.

I'm at her place right now and it just started lightly snowing, so I guess I'll drive on Christmas if it's raining since I'll have to wash the car on Thursday anyway. Can't have it dirty!!

I saw a clear bubble you put your car in advertised in the back of Car and Driver. I'm thinking of buying one of those and parking my next car (M3, M- version of Z4?) in it and putting it in our living room to just stare at it all day. :lmao:

I need two BMW's. One to drive and one to be a garage queen :D

·
Registered
496 Posts
Daily driver, here in Toronto, Canada- Snow, sleet, rain etc... I'd love to baby it, but then I'd have to take my wife's CR-V to work, and that's just not worth it!
I've got 4 snows, and this thing ROCKS in the snow!

Attachments

·
Registered
863 Posts
I live in Oregon....It rains EVERY day from Nov. to March so the car see's the rain....

·
Registered
652 Posts
bro its only a car... its made to be driven...

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
hi i have a 2003 m3 for a month

and it is my very day car and i have snow tires for the winter months no trouble yet time will tell
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I love to drive in the snow to practice my drift techniques.
I hate the salt though. Unfortunately it's the only car I can drive after work.

·
Registered
319 Posts
another Seattle fanatic here. I don't remember the last time I drove my car when it WASN'T raining! I love how my car handles/drives in the rain--but it's my only car so I don't have a choice but to drive it!

·
Registered
321 Posts
It is my only car so I do not have a choice..It is my daily driver :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Driving in the snow is fun fun fun! But god help ya if you dont have 4 snow tires. You Californians who are scared of rain make me laugh. :D Ya don't know what your missing. :)

Bart

1 - 20 of 35 Posts