BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1328 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Zchild said:
:woot: 2000 323i, purchased in Europe, July 1999; I just crossed the 200,000 mile threshold. See below... High mileage, late model bimmers rule!
:thumbsup:
Wow! That's alot of miles, any major problems? If you don't mind.

·
Registered
29,086 Posts
just passed 100k last night...

not sure if i should be proud or start bawling

·
Registered
111 Posts
My cousin's 2000 328Ci step. has 180k miles! You can tell though. Moldings are dry and cracking, and the wear and tear is evident visually, but it runs great!

·
Banned
134 Posts
an lsb 01 lsb m3 had 240k that sold on ebay.. think thats the record holder.

·
Registered
391 Posts
1999 323I with 110k and some change. Running awesome,sounding badass and still pulling the *****es. :lmao:

I'm going to drive this car into the ground, then rebuild it.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
917 Posts
“Miles matters not. Look at those miles. Judge the car by the miles, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For your miles are the Force, and a powerful ally they are. Miles creates the Force, makes it grow. Their energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings miles are, not crude matter. You must feel the Miles around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, the BMW, everywhere, yes.”

-Yoda, in a Galaxy Far Far Away

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
1999 323i with 43,450. :) Got the car last mid part of July with 32,900 on it. :thumbup: for those still running with 100+k

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
00 323CI Manual 162K miles.

Alternator, Thermostat,WaterPump, Crankshaft sensor and 1 coil so far.

·
Registered
141 Posts
04' 330ci zhp with 53k which is alot for an 04' but i just had my diff lock up on me and had problems with software and coils

·
Registered
197 Posts
gokcer said:
00 323CI Manual 162K miles.

Alternator, Thermostat,WaterPump, Crankshaft sensor and 1 coil so far.
When did you change the thermostat/waterpump? Didn't have to change radiator, tensioners?

·
Registered
785 Posts
yzracer420 said:
“Miles matters not. Look at those miles. Judge the car by the miles, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For your miles are the Force, and a powerful ally they are. Miles creates the Force, makes it grow. Their energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings miles are, not crude matter. You must feel the Miles around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, the BMW, everywhere, yes.”

-Yoda, in a Galaxy Far Far Away
lol too much summer smoking?

·
Registered
945 Posts
2001 330ci (5 Speed) 96K - I'm glad im not the record holder. I don't want to be that high in miles. I'm already upset with 96K

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Tp///M3 said:
Wow! That's alot of miles, any major problems? If you don't mind.
:woot: I don't know how you define major problems, in seven years, I 've changed two window regulators, one transmission, one clutch, one A/C compressor, one rear wheel bearing, two sets of front control arm bushings, one cooling fan assembly hood, one set of pulley bearings and lastly the rear differential bushings. I don't consider any of them major, I just think they're the cost of ownership of The Ultimate Driving Machine.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
11,522 Posts
sm330ci said:
04' 330ci zhp with 53k which is alot for an 04' but i just had my diff lock up on me and had problems with software and coils
HA! I'm beating you...55.5k.

Here are the issues/what I've done so far:

Bad coil packs (part of the BMW-wide bad batch)
AC recall
2 sets of tires (whooooaaaa my tires were bald):tsk: :)
Droopy door seals
Control arm bushings (in a week)
Water Pump, thermostat, belts (in 2 weeks)

I've been pretty blessed so far beyond some self inflicting wounds (due to modding and road gators)

And yes, I am on the original set of brake pads...55.5k and counting.:)

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
waterpump @ 50K
Alternator @ 140K
Thermostat, Coil, CrankSensor @ 140-160K

Also control arm bushings @110K

Original Belts(still looks new, no cracks), Idler pulley could use a DIY as it makes a slight noise)

21 - 40 of 1328 Posts