E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
yeah, wanna trade your manual for my auto? I will be damn happy about it. :thumbup:

·
Unregistered User
427 Posts
get an auto then.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,849 Posts
Carlos Mtech said:
people who buy manual cars are people who enjoy driving, peopel with automatics buy a car to get from A to B
that is the worst damn generalization ive ever seen made. I don't think Craig's, DoNDoN's, Chase's, xS3x's (just to name a few) cars are only for the purpose of going from point A to point B. You can't just be ignorant like that. Some of us didn't have a choice and it basically came down to having a BMW or a manual transmission. In my case I chose the BMW over another manual car....

damn i wish i was able to get stick tho :ben:

·
Banned
942 Posts
This is my first manual car and I have to say that I love it:D I find that it makes driving a lot more fun, but I wouldn't say that you aren't an enthusiast if you don't have one.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Carlos Mtech said:
people who buy manual cars are people who enjoy driving, peopel with automatics buy a car to get from A to B
:cartman:

If you only wanted to get from point A to Point B you wouldn't by a BMW... Ive had plenty of 5 speed cars and I can tell you that if you had to drive this traffic hell here in Atlanta you would be lovin' your Step. I know I do:thumbup: Hasn't diminished my driving pleasure at all.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Ci FLY said:

that is the worst damn generalization ive ever seen made. I don't think Craig's, DoNDoN's, Chase's, xS3x's (just to name a few) cars are only for the purpose of going from point A to point B. You can't just be ignorant like that. Some of us didn't have a choice and it basically came down to having a BMW or a manual transmission. In my case I chose the BMW over another manual car....

damn i wish i was able to get stick tho :ben:
ok but thats exceptions, you wanted manuals, i still cnat see why you people in US can't wait for your cars like everyone else but ah well, it is true though, peopel who drive automatics aren't as interested in the driving experience as manuals IN GENERAL

·
Registered
563 Posts
I wanted to get a manual, but had no choice since mine was used. I fell in love with it right after the test drive.....

It was the only good used one I can find....got it last september of 2002 with only 28000km.....can't beat that.....

I traaded in my 5sp 2000 Jetta Vr6 in right away...........it had all the works.....eibach springs, koni sports, 18" TSW's........

But my auto BMW still drives and handles better than the Jetta :)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts