E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They put those radio buttons on steering wheel for convenient purpose. But I never get used to it and I still find it more convenient and more comfortable using the buttons on the radio itself. I don't know. I just feel more comfortable to reach the radio using my right hand. To move my left hand to those steering radio buttons always feel awkward to me(even it's only few inches away).

Just curious, Am I the only one on this board doesn't use the steering radio buttons? :dunno:

·
Registered
207 Posts
I dont ever use them.

I used to have an explorer which had audio and AC controls on the right hand side of the wheel and they were the only controls I used. For some reason I just dont like using my left hand :dunno: (for the controls you perv).

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,166 Posts
I always use them and freak out when I get in another one of the cars and they don't have them in the same place and im searchign then.

·
OG e46fanatics lurker!
1,892 Posts
i dont use them as much as theyre designed to only because theyre so goddamn hard to push!! i aint weak, its just that it takes too much effort...:lmao:

·
Are we there yet??
5,657 Posts
g2go1818 said:
:werd: How does cruise controll work on a manual anyway??

Works the same way it does on an auto lol!! Just that if you slow down to much you have to turn it off and shift.

I ALWAYS use my steering wheel controls except when I am switching between cd and radio. I wish there was a button on the wheel for that too. My radio looks brand new no marks or smudges or anything because I never touch it.

·
Registered
170 Posts
van_basten said:
They put those radio buttons on steering wheel for convenient purpose. But I never get used to it and I still find it more convenient and more comfortable using the buttons on the radio itself. I don't know. I just feel more comfortable to reach the radio using my right hand. To move my left hand to those steering radio buttons always feel awkward to me(even it's only few inches away).

Just curious, Am I the only one on this board doesn't use the steering radio buttons? :dunno:
I don't use them - out of habit.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
I don't use the buttons because I steer with my left and shift with my right. So my right hand is doing the radio adjusting.

I guess I could try steering with my right and shifting with my left... ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I never use the steering wheel controls. I guess just out of habit I use the dash ones. Plus I like the feel of a knob to control volume.

-Jon

·
Conceited Prick
1,903 Posts
I don't use the phone button. No need to. No integrated phone.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I use it all the time. I just hate it that there's no button in the steering wheel to change to the other FM band settings. I even use the buttons to raise or lower the speed when I'm in cruise control.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.