E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

do you clean the well of your tims?

• Never

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Every time I wash

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Every few months

Votes: 11 36.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so, how? (enough separation to do so from the front;from around the sides; from underneath (i.e. raise it); every x washes you remove and do it; etc?)

oops -- meant "rims" not "tims".

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
I wish I could say often, but unfortunately, I don't have the facilities to jack up the car and take of the wheels. If I did, I would do it on the regular.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, I've had my new wheels on for 3 weeks and I can't get to the insides (Fikse Profil 10s), but do see buildup in there. The only way I can think of to get there is to take the wheels off or reach around, move the car, repeat...

I wanted to figure this out sooner rather than later since I figure the buildup is still possible to get off...

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Every time I wash my ride. The Visions are so easy to clean. I can get my whole hand between the spokes.

·
Read Only
1,817 Posts
I just use some of that liquid brake dust remover... if you spray it on far enough and let it soak, it'll get rid of most of the junk.

·
Registered
302 Posts
where do you get liquid brake dust remover?

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
i do. I stick my hand through the spokes...once the thing around the rotor cut me, but it was worht it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts