E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SBBMotorwerks
416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dont get my wrong, i love my BFP CAI, but it whistles. Its definitely not a hissing noise...i have had intakes before and i know what that sounds like.

It only happens when i am at my cruising speed (that one point on the accelerator)....it doesnt happen when i accelerate, when i am at idle....only when i am cruising.

Is there something i can tighten??? In a way, its a bit annoying because i am cruising down the road, and my car is whistling!!!

·
www.xeetstreetband.com
725 Posts
Mine does the same. It just reminds me that I have it.

Side note: When I took my friends out for a ride after I had installed it they where like 'I think I can hear your intake.' It livens the sound of the engine up so much that you can't really hear a sucking noise. Needless to say, I love the sound of my engine now!

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
Normal

Its air rushing over the throttle plate and low RPM. Actually with my stock airbox on, I can faintly still hear the same noise. Essentially in our BMWs, the throtle is almost closed until 2500 RPM.

I actually recommend a throttle body air-foil but I'm not sure one exists for BMW. This would improve low end performance and limit the noise.

XeetBMW330ci said:
Mine does the same. It just reminds me that I have it.

Side note: When I took my friends out for a ride after I had installed it they where like 'I think I can hear your intake.' It livens the sound of the engine up so much that you can't really hear a sucking noise. Needless to say, I love the sound of my engine now!

·
Registered
337 Posts
yeah i got the same exact problems..right when your crusin..its like a whistle and its kinda annoying..is it just the driver..or does the car go whistlin down the road...also..if i got a uuc twin silencer for my car...i wouldnt hear it?..thanks again

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts