BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have recently been experiencing a whistling occurring somewhere between 1500-2000 RPM. It only presents its self under acceleration and whilst moving. Below or above this rev band, no sound is heard. While the car is parked and revved no sound is present. Otherwise the car drives great, doesn't seem down on power, no rough idle and no check engine light. I checked the lower intake boot for cracks and found nothing. Hoses seem good, apart from the lower, smaller tube of the F connector had become disconnected (as far as i found its connected to fuel pressure regulation). The car does have an aftermarket intake fitted. I would have thought this was the culprit however, considering the same sounds is not there when the car is parked and revved, it has me second guessing. Whilst driving with the windows down, the sound does seems to come from the drivers side, under the hood. The sound is unmistakably a whistle. I can make a recording or video of the sound to better illustrate it. It's really driving me insane. Any help or or advice on the issue would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Galen

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
12,818 Posts
First thing that comes to mind is a brake booster diaphragm that developed a hole. Usually can hear it from inside the car up under the dashboard in the far left side.

Strange that it cannot be duplicated while parked and revved.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts