BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a JL Audio 12w7 last night. Installation went really smoothly and really quickly.. 30-40 mins actually. The wires were already cut to length though from another e46.

Anyway, I wanted to know what the best way to face the sub is.
Face it into the seat and open the whole in the armrest? or against the back of the trunk. I don't want the trunk rattling too much. I will dynamat it.

I know that facing the back of the car it is supposed to reflect.

any thoughts? thanks.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i've been wondering this myself and it seems like from everything that i have read and asked about, it's about the same. some people say fire foward while some people say fire back. it's hard to judge because when someone says it sounds "good" you never really know how much bass they are getting without hearing it yourself. i would say if the sub/amp everything is installed already, you can play around which way to face it and see what sounds best to you?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, and I would, however, I don't want to take the time to punch out the plate behind the armrest if it doesnt really make a difference. I kinda feel like the trunk lid would absorb a lot of bass, because of the fact that it vibrates.

·
Registered
6 Posts
the best way to face subs is eaither toward the trunk, or up against the trunk lid facing the front of the car. there was an article about this in car audio like a year ago

Chrism

1 - 8 of 8 Posts