BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Which tune would you get?

• Total voters
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
As many others said, for the basics, you can use ms4x.net.
For what you want and the money you’ll spend, I don’t find RKTunes’ and Active’s tunes be worth it at all.
DM @tunedbydaniel on Instagram. Remote tuning as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow this thread is a very interesting read and also revelant to my situation. I installed a M54B30 engine in my '04 325xiT. A ZHP engine which was all that was available locally at that time. As you know, the ZHP ran MS45 so I used my M54B25 engine harness. Car started right up and runs well. Has not been driven yet.

Looks like the latest B54M30 reflash would be a good start. Later on, figure out how to get a tune that takes advantage of the small gains the ZHP engine provides over the standard M54B30.

Suggestions welcome, thanks.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Wow this thread is a very interesting read and also revelant to my situation. I installed a M54B30 engine in my '04 325xiT. A ZHP engine which was all that was available locally at that time. As you know, the ZHP ran MS45 so I used my M54B25 engine harness. Car started right up and runs well. Has not been driven yet.

Looks like the latest B54M30 reflash would be a good start. Later on, figure out how to get a tune that takes advantage of the small gains the ZHP engine provides over the standard M54B30.

Suggestions welcome, thanks.
I actually have a true converted ZHP ms43 tune. I have ported over all the vanos cam timing from the stock ZHP ms45 to Ms43. If you check out my Instagram listed earlier, you will see I have done it to a few cars. Only one is shown in my stories.

Although, using the factory bmw tools, going to the standard b30 tune will be a world of a difference.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I actually have a true converted ZHP ms43 tune. I have ported over all the vanos cam timing from the stock ZHP ms45 to Ms43. If you check out my Instagram listed earlier, you will see I have done it to a few cars. Only one is shown in my stories.

Although, using the factory bmw tools, going to the standard b30 tune will be a world of a difference.

Thanks! I will check out your Instagram.

·
Registered
2005 E46 325ci
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
How come everywhere I look it's all about the MS43 not the MS45. I know the later MS45 is more sophisticated and the MS43 is simpler to tune but why dont people take more of an interest in the MS45 since I can see some major corporations tackling it albeit they do charge quite high for it.

·
Registered
2005 ZHP
247 Posts
Here's a remote tuning option for the MS45.1

·
Registered
586 Posts
How come everywhere I look it's all about the MS43 not the MS45. I know the later MS45 is more sophisticated and the MS43 is simpler to tune but why dont people take more of an interest in the MS45 since I can see some major corporations tackling it albeit they do charge quite high for it.
Because most people on here simply use the software available for Ms42/43 and use the wiki and rip people off. I offer remote tuning for ms45, which you can see when you visit my Instagram. There’s no guides so it truly takes someone with a brain to get working with them. They are a bit more complex and finicky but nothing impossible.

·
Premium Member
2003 330ci Convertible Sport package
61 Posts
I would first update the DME to the latest stock software and see how you like it.
Tunes don’t do a whole lot for what you pay, unless it’s targeting a very specific scenario.

There’s always the roll-your-own.
I just went to the“roll your own” site, and holy crazy scary if you aren’t versed...ugh

·
Registered
2005 E46 325ci
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Here's a remote tuning option for the MS45.1

Because most people on here simply use the software available for Ms42/43 and use the wiki and rip people off. I offer remote tuning for ms45, which you can see when you visit my Instagram. There’s no guides so it truly takes someone with a brain to get working with them. They are a bit more complex and finicky but nothing impossible.

I see what you mean but yeah at this point since I just got my headers installed I just want to be able to find a basic euro tune for the meantime as I'm having to allot money to other areas at this moment. But I saw that the EU2 tune is only for MS43 and MS42 E46's

·
Registered
2005 E46 325ci
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Honestly are people not tuning their E46's after installing catless headers or just not installing catless headers?
I've seen Kpeng's thread about catless headers that he made years ago so I'd think there would be some tune you could get that wouldn't break the bank and make use of the extra flow.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Honestly are people not tuning their E46's after installing catless headers or just not installing catless headers?
I've seen Kpeng's thread about catless headers that he made years ago so I'd think there would be some tune you could get that wouldn't break the bank and make use of the extra flow.
That’s what I can do :)

·
Registered
2005 E46 325ci
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That’s what I can do :)

Don't get me wrong I'd take you up on your offer in a heartbeat if I didn't have the horrible experiences that I had with independent techs/tuners.
If you don't mind me asking what's your experience in the world of tuning?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sorry about your past experiences :/. I’ve been tuning the E46 platform for a few years now. Also a bit of ms41. From forced induction, nitrous, and just NA. Working on the S55 platform now as well. There’s definitely many people out there with lots of experience, so I’m not to say I’m the best in the world, but I truly know this platform. Although you don’t have to take my word for anything, maybe using winkfp can update you to a version that you may be looking for.
We can talk more and you can ask me all the questions you’d like. Just DM my new Instagram for better communication @tunedbydaniel.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Don't get me wrong I'd take you up on your offer in a heartbeat if I didn't have the horrible experiences that I had with independent techs/tuners.
If you don't mind me asking what's your experience in the world of tuning?
Meant to quote^^

21 - 36 of 36 Posts