E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a '02 325i and I'm about to replace the struts. However, I'm having trouble determining which struts I should buy. Based on what I've read on other threads I believe I have the sports package, and, therefore, the sports suspension; my car has the three-spoke steering wheel, sport seats with extendable leg supports, 17" factory alloys. This points toward the sports suspension, right? I called the dealership's parts department and asked them to confirm this by looking up the VIN. The guy said that my car left the factory with a normal suspension. Is it possible he overlooked something? Is there a way I can tell for sure by looking at the current strut? I'm afraid of mismatching the struts and springs. I would greatly appreciate any advice you can provide. Thanks!

ps. What's the best way to determine the appropriate Bilstein Strut part #?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Go to bmwvin .com and register an account. Type in last 7 to vin may need to translate page to english

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Go to bmwvin .com and register an account. Type in last 7 to vin may need to translate page to english
That did the trick! bmwvin .com confirmed I have the sports package (S226A). I don't know why the guy from the dealership said otherwise. Anyway, this is in line with my expectations given the steering wheel, seats, and rims, so I'm feeling a lot more confident about it now. Thanks a lot for the pointer!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.