E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
I think all the M3 rep mirrors are M5 rep mirrors. I don't believe there is an actual M3 rep mirror. Only way to achieve that is to go with OEM. Unless you want e36 M3 reps, those are a dime a dozen.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think all the M3 rep mirrors are M5 rep mirrors. I don't believe there is an actual M3 rep mirror. Only way to achieve that is to go with OEM. Unless you want e36 M3 reps, those are a dime a dozen.
i remember specifically seeing a thread on here a while ago showing the difference between the smaller m3 rep and the bigger one(m5)
i hope im not mistaking

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You have a coupe, just buy oem ones??????

If not there is an australian company that sells oem m3 mold reps but they are expensive... almost the cost of a used set of oem mirrors
i am also looking for a set of oem used ones.
my driver side mirror broke,so i need one ASAP
which ever i find first im buying.

what is the company???

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
i remember specifically seeing a thread on here a while ago showing the difference between the smaller m3 rep and the bigger one(m5)
i hope im not mistaking
It was probably a thread comparing the reps to an OEM mirror. I only remember one company selling the proper m3 replica, but they had a ton of QC issues and went under iirc

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just fail to understand why no vendor has produced an accurate set of M3 rep mirrors. The demand would surely be huge. If somebody saw the need for eyelids, how on earth did the market for proper m3 rep mirrors get passed over?

·
Registered
8,127 Posts
That is a very good question, especially for sedan owners and post 03/2003 e46s in general, where retrofitting OEM M3 mirrors is a major pita. Only thing I can think of is that maybe the shape is harder to mass produce for some reason?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'd be interested to hear a vendor gives us a qualified response. A lot of them talk about servicing the needs of the e46 community but this is a pretty major mod area that has been passed over. Are they unconvinced of the demand or is there, as you suggest, a manufacturing difficulty? Perhaps it is cost prohibitive. That said, if one can produce an M5 mold, why not an M3 one? Actually uses less material. I would like M3 mirrors on my coupe and even though I have the options of going OEM, it is usually too expensive. I would've snapped up a decent pair of rep mirrors at $300 or less. And I bet a ton of people would have too.

There are a few other things I would like to see as well. For example, is there a wider range of Di-Noc wrap available, rather than just the same old tired variations of Carbon Fiber? How about some updated wood grain trim such as the Grey Poplar available in the E9X's? I can't find any interesting wrap anywhere. It's all carbon fiber or brushed aluminium.

I'm also surprised that no-one ever really offered a decent rear bumper, diffuser and quad exhaust package for the non-m e46. At a decent price that would've been a huge seller. That's not to say it can't be done but it's pretty difficult (not to mention expensive) for your average Fanatic to piece together all the different custom pieces from different vendors.

What amazes me about most vendors are how basic and uninforming their websites are. I was looking at exhausts and bumpers yesterday on Bekkers, Bavauto and Umnitza and was just appalled by how little information and images there were. Totally discouraged me as a prospective buyer. My personal opinion is that you treat each product page like a brand new introduction to the customer. Assume they know, nothing about it. You end up coming to the forums and looking for reviews from people who have taken the chance on their products, and for installation advice. I think that's pretty poor salesmanship. The only really decent, complete and navigable site for modding is ECS in my opinion. Not saying they have the best products, choices or prices. Just the best site. By far. I find the product information very complete and well presented. Jlevi have the online support feature which is convenient and reassuring.

So bearing all this in mind, I am not surprised no-one has gotten their act together and produced decent mirrors yet. And this late in the game I doubt anyone will.

/rant.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
E46M3MirrorKit* Each $1,058.78 $1,058.78
$595.00
BMW E46 M3 Outside Mirror Kit (Up to 3/03)
Upgrade your outside mirrors with out BMW E46 M3 OEM Outside mirror kit. Kit includes left and right mirror housings, mirror glass, and switch (if applicable). Mirrors come primed and require painting. Fits coupes up to 3/03 only!

tischer is selling BOTH mirrors for 595?
just paint,plug & play??
if so thats not bad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts