1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating here for which intake I should get

-Benfer ebay Intake
-Injen Intake

I really want to wait and get the Injen intake because I like how it is setup and the shield and how it replaces the pipe to intake manifold...but I can save lots of money going with the benfer one I hear lots of peeps are doing the group buy and that it preforms pretty good...so the question is do i save money and get benfer or wait and get Injen intake????:dunno:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
i would get the ingen cause they have the extra pipe replacement after the mass air sensor, and they have the nifty heat shield! oh yeah, and they have been around and have been proven for a long time!:thumbup:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will probably do that...haven't heard latest word on where to get it right now though??

·
Registered
703 Posts
srn1985 said:
I am debating here for which intake I should get

-Benfer ebay Intake
-Injen Intake

I really want to wait and get the Injen intake because I like how it is setup and the shield and how it replaces the pipe to intake manifold...but I can save lots of money going with the benfer one I hear lots of peeps are doing the group buy and that it preforms pretty good...so the question is do i save money and get benfer or wait and get Injen intake????:dunno:
I dont think you can get into the GB anymore on the Benfer. Last count was 23 and they were putting the final list together for shipping. If you wait a little while I will be dynoing my car before and after for sure...

John V

·
Town Clown
15,089 Posts
John V - are you sure about that? I never got an email from Killer (Ed) stating it was closed. Last one said we were at 26 for the GB.

Anyway, back to the topic - I'm giving Benfer a shot. When Samir first offered the GruppeM for a GB, very few knew anything about it either, and a few people were even somewhat "aggressive" with their skepticism. Talk to anyone that has one now and they're more than happy.

I'm going with the Benfer because the risk vs. reward of getting something that will be a quality product is worth it to me. If it performs, I'll be fired up and I've only spent $150 - I can then use the money I've saved for the intake and go buy some engine software. If it's a POS, no big deal, lesson learned, and I'm not out that much money, I'll just have to flip a few more burgers this month.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No..... ECIS is the last one I will pick....If I were to get a short ram type intake I would go with conforti..ECIS is bent tube so not solid air flow and the shield blocks the air coming form behind the headlight...But I think it is still on cause benfer posted something earlier today saying 10 more people they need..

1 - 12 of 12 Posts