BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the front mount ic that AA has but I am concerned about the stalling out issues. Has this been taken care of? Any one run with the 3rd gen s/c. I have cash in hand now!!! Any input would be great. I love the tuning of the VFE...aggghhhh I can deside.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had not heard about that. I love the AA intercooler, I am concern about the stalling out issues people have had. How is yours running?? I am looking at the stage 1 3rd gen kit from active.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I had the Gen3 Stg1 AA kit and I absolutely love it and I had no problems with it at all... AA is currently installing the Gen3 Stg2 on my car and I cant wait to get it back, cuz let me tell you for having nearly the power doubled the car drives exactly like stock through all the gears, but when you put your foot down its a different type of animal not to mention the powerband stays the same and your keep the stock rev limit of 8K, unlike the VF kit which is raised with their stage 1 and not to mention you can opt for a raised limit in their stage 2, but that is not even back to your stock rev limit.. Also VF has had problems tuning SMG cars, or should I say GIAC which they outsource for tuning, unlike AA that does all their tuning in housing which is a big plus I think, Also my car is SMG and no problems at all with shifting in S and A modes; sweeter then ever.. I def. recommend the AA kit and as for stalling never has happend to me and I never heard of it happening to any of my buddies who have the kit or anyone else for that matter...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Every issue has been fixed with the Gen 3. No stalling issues, no delayed shifts, and the 8 rib pulley tops it off. And the great thing is that AA can do a custom tune for you if you would like. But if you go with the W/A injection, i recommend buying a pump that can handle methanol and have that installed because water/meth> alcohol/water

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I had the Gen3 Stg1 AA kit and I absolutely love it and I had no problems with it at all... AA is currently installing the Gen3 Stg2 on my car and I cant wait to get it back, cuz let me tell you for having nearly the power doubled the car drives exactly like stock through all the gears, but when you put your foot down its a different type of animal not to mention the powerband stays the same and your keep the stock rev limit of 8K, unlike the VF kit which is raised with their stage 1 and not to mention you can opt for a raised limit in their stage 2, but that is not even back to your stock rev limit.. Also VF has had problems tuning SMG cars, or should I say GIAC which they outsource for tuning, unlike AA that does all their tuning in housing which is a big plus I think, Also my car is SMG and no problems at all with shifting in S and A modes; sweeter then ever.. I def. recommend the AA kit and as for stalling never has happend to me and I never heard of it happening to any of my buddies who have the kit or anyone else for that matter...

Let me correct you, VF's redline is 7950 Stage 1 and 2. VF has no problems tuning SMG cars, ask me how I know. :hi: NO hesitation between shifts, stock like drivability, etc.

Deltasleep:

Don't let the abundance of compliments, or "No problems" here on either kit fool you, lol, BOTH have had some issues here and there. My friends drive M3's with both kits, they have not been problem free, that's the truth. Regardless all of us love our cars and the kits.

Both kits are solid, either way is a good choice. :thumbsup:

·
Genius
717 Posts
I love the front mount ic that AA has but I am concerned about the stalling out issues. Has this been taken care of? Any one run with the 3rd gen s/c. I have cash in hand now!!! Any input would be great. I love the tuning of the VFE...aggghhhh I can deside.
Hello,
Thanks, I love our intercoolers also, :). Our Gen III kit has had a lot of refinement since the first Gen, and has been problem free. We have many happy customers, I see a few have chimed in. We also do our own tuning. Many companies, and race teams choose us to do thier S/W. If you have any specific tuning questions let me know.

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Here some good info I posted on M3forum...

"Between AA and VF, both have their pros and cons.

AA's pros:

1) In house tuning vs. VF's outsourced tuning from GIAC. The advantage of the in house tuning is that at any time, you can send your ECU to AA and have them change your tune any way you'd like/need (maybe a custom race gas file, maybe a methenol file, adding nitrous, etc...) GIAC will not do this for you.

2) You are able to run a solid shot of wet nitrous on the AA kit (been done numerous times by many people) vs. only being able to run a possible 20 dry shot with the VF kit (never been done before).

3) AA's kit comes with an 8 Rib Pulley system vs. VF doesn't have one available.

VF's Pros:

1) Great intake manifold design that is very efficient.

2) The Vortech supercharger in the VF kit has room to go before it's maxed out (I believe it's around 15psi max) vs. AA's Rotrex blower which is maxed out at around 10psi. How many psi the S54 can handle is still yet to be discovered.

Other than that, both companies have great customer service and great hardware that have been proven."

·
Registered
173 Posts
HAHAHAHA that was awesome thank you lololol :rofl:
On the flipside we could present dozens of threads of limp issues of the Rotrex kit on the old e46psi.com forum. But why dwell on the past, or use it to try and ridicule?

Our software update was issued about 4 months after releasing our kit and this raised the rev limiter to stock and eliminated this limp mode immediately.

The VF stg1 kit for the S54 market is one of the only kit that uses the stock MAF and does not delete emissions related codes from the software and still fuel trims to factory spec. Our stg1 kit makes 400rwp on 91 octane and is expected to be the only CARB approved FI kit on the market.

The GIAC software is technically outsourced, (they are 9 miles from our office and we tune our kits together) on both their Mustang AWD and our Dynojet 2WD) but this adds to the positive aspects of our product as it allows us to focus on perfecting our hardware. The same goes for BMW, they do not write their software, they had Siemens do it for them.

GIAC is an industry leader in multiple German aftermarkets and has a very long history (15+ years) of tuning ECUs that surpases most in their industry. One accreditation to their name is that they re-programmed the Porsche 959 to be CARB legal for the US. GIAC disassemble and write their own software algorithms and compilers which only a handful of individuals in the aftermarket in the world do.

·
Registered
510 Posts
On the flipside we could present dozens of threads of limp issues of the Rotrex kit on the old e46psi.com forum. But why dwell on the past, or use it to try and ridicule?
Are we going back to another Alpha-N post/thread?

Our software update was issued about 4 months after releasing our kit and this raised the rev limiter to stock and eliminated this limp mode immediately.

The VF stg1 kit for the S54 market is one of the only kit that uses the stock MAF and does not delete emissions related codes from the software and still fuel trims to factory spec. Our stg1 kit makes 400rwp on 91 octane and is expected to be the only CARB approved FI kit on the market.
All minor issues (99% of the time install errors) with our kits have been resolved promptly and professionally with our excellent tech support dept. If there are any issues you know about that we do not please post.

We have tuned countless cars with the stock mass meter, however after years of R&D and providing quality kits to our customers we decided to better engineer an already proven kit and now have our Gen 3 kits.

Which are now on sale.:thumbsup:

The GIAC software is technically outsourced, (they are 9 miles from our office and we tune our kits together) on both their Mustang AWD and our Dynojet 2WD) but this adds to the positive aspects of our product as it allows us to focus on perfecting our hardware. The same goes for BMW, they do not write their software, they had Siemens do it for them.

GIAC is an industry leader in multiple German aftermarkets and has a very long history (15+ years) of tuning ECUs that surpases most in their industry. One accreditation to their name is that they re-programmed the Porsche 959 to be CARB legal for the US. GIAC disassemble and write their own software algorithms and compilers which only a handful of individuals in the aftermarket in the world do.
Thank you for the history lesson on GIAC.

This thread was made by the OP to get customer feedback so he can make an educated decision on which kit is best for him. Please lets keep this thread civil.

To the OP, feel free to contact us in regards to our kit.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Are we going back to another Alpha-N post/thread?
and now have our Gen 3 kits.
Thank you for the history lesson on GIAC.
Please lets keep this thread civil.
In very typical fashion, you come out with your guns blazing in a defensive and offesive tone. Your defensive stance clearly shows how threatened you feel by our product.

The mature readers will probably note, that my post was very civil with no undertone.

·
Registered
510 Posts
In very typical fashion, you come out with your guns blazing in a defensive and offesive tone. Your defensive stance clearly shows how threatened you feel by our product.

The mature readers will probably note, that my post was very civil with no undertone.
Its obvious we are going no where here. Just as before remarks are made and we answer. I apologize if this is an inconvenience for you.

Lets let this thread get back on topic please.

·
Registered
769 Posts
I have a ? for VF and for AA.. Im looking in to getting a Pusssy Magnet installed on my E46 M3... Would any of you have it in stock?

Thank you... JT..

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yes, we have them in stock. We include a free one, with every supercharger kit.
Nice to see someone with a sense of humour (and I do agree that your post was more civil than the AA post).

·
Registered
586 Posts
Nice to see someone with a sense of humour (and I do agree that your post was more civil than the AA post).
2nd that for sure. I read the AA post & wondered "WTF?"
"One of the only" does not mean the same as "the only", so that defensiveness was TOTALLY unnecessary & just
made AA look bad when in fact anyone who knows anything knows they are a fine company.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts