E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL ...u guys respond tooo quick

MY question is:...Look at this comparison of the Shadow Chrome of the M3 on the bottom (an older pic)

Now u tell me which one is shadow chrome

Attachments

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I'd say it's just the lighting and camera settings. You can get some crazy differences from one shot to the next with the same camera let along different (especially digi cams)

·
Registered
879 Posts
They're all Chrome Shadow. Part of the reason why wheel repair places will not even look at M3/M5 wheels is that the color is more than a pain in the butt to match. That's why it could look radically different from one batch to another. Lighting is certainly a factor, but I'd be skeptical of anyone besides BMW who claims they have done the real, live Chrome Shadow (from Color-dec in Italy) treatment to their whole car.

·
917 Posts
I see your point.. I think both are custom paint jobs that look differently. Also, it's extremely reflective so the darker CS is caused by the surrounding colors.. and vice versa

For example, look at the colors on the floor.. they kinda go with the color of the car.

·
Registered Abuser
1,008 Posts
I think the second one is sterling grey. I think I heard that the CSL was originally going to be steel grey, then they chose sterling grey, and then finally decided a new color was in order. Hence the new Chrome Shadow.

Me likey.

·
modder fokker
6,784 Posts
The last one is not shadow crome by oem bmw. Its a guy in the far east that ordered a new kind of paint that s suppose to look a lot like shadow croom. Its not exacly the same.

Close but no sigar. A real shadow croom paint job kost about 10.000 dollars. You cant compare it with a new paint.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.