BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
I dunno, why don't you buy both, get them shipped here, and let us know?

·
Registered
6 Posts
CSL coz of the Pilot Sport Cup tires.

R34 is slower than NSX-R. NSX-R is as fast as the old 996 GT3. Both ran 7.56 around Nurbergring. CSL is faster than the old 996 GT3.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
It would depend a lot on the weather. The R34 would do quite well in the wet, but the CSL's Pilot Sport Cup tires aren't too good for the rain. However, if it was in the dry, the AWD of the R34 would make it slower and more prone to understeer than the CSL.

·
eXpect the uneXpected!
351 Posts
Skyline R34 can be modified up to 1000+ hp dude...

·
Registered
94 Posts
The csl would definatley beat a stock r34. And the r34 is muuuch heavier and understeers easily, but then again it is easy to drive fast.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
Z3RO said:
Skyline R34 can be modified up to 1000+ hp dude...
Horsepower has nothing to do with how fast you are around the track. Well, it does have something to do with how quick you are, but tires and handling of the car are more important on the track.

Heck, the current M5 will beat the new E55 AMG at the track even though the current M5 loses in a straight-line drag race.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Most heavily modified R34s have to tune down their hp when they race on the track because 800hp-1,000hp on a heavy car like that is HARD to handle on the track unless you are running 1/4 mile.

I'd say the CSL.

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
i don't know

but i would lov to have that csl m3 i would be in m3 heaven. hehehe
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts