BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what nav/dvd/cd lcd display do you like most and what do you have. i have all the trim for the lcd im going to buy but can decide yet which one....

·
Registered
7,635 Posts
Depends on what you are looking for. There is no "best" head unit that meets everyone's needs.

Are you looking for a double-din or flip up? Double-din looks stock but requires custom work to install. Flip up doesn't look as good and blocks vents, but is cheaper.

What is your budget?

I have installed lots kenwood, alpine, pioneer and eclipse units and each has pros and cons. Pioneers have good on-board power and are a good value. Some people complain about their blue-tooth interface though. Alpine makes good quality equipment, great am/fm tuners but costs a bit more. Eclipse units have less frills but best quality if you are concerned about sound quality (at which point, you are probably thinking in replacing oem amp and speakers).

I can help you out if you give me a bit more information. It wouldn't hurt to visit some local stores and play with the different units to see which interface you prefer.

·
Registered
544 Posts
alpine is highest qulity hands down, they last the longest out of all the brands. my friend owns a car audio store and he has told me that the alpines break the least, thats why they cost more. He says that the dual/jensen cheap brands are pure sh*t and to stay away. After the alpine i would recommend a clarion then a pioneer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts