BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to know which mod people would prefer to get if they had to choose only one supposing price was not an issue.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
IMO? The Conforti looks better built (take a look and compare for yourself, links below), and it has a straighter intake path. The ECIS has a 90-degree bend in the piping where in the Conforti it's nearly straight.

Of course, the ECIS costs less and it's a great intake nevertheless. If you're willing to pay a little more I'd recommend the Conforti. The ECIS only costs $250 (+ shipping) where the Conforti is $380 (shipped) from KO Performance.

Compare and get what you like.
http://www.eurosporthighperformance.com/intakes.html
http://www.ecisbmw.com/product_files/intakes/00_E46intake.htm

·
Registered
232 Posts
Conforti or ECIS, get the intake over the shark injector. More noticeable gains and you get a cool sound.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Re: Why?

The big difference with the conforti is the large velocity stack that the filter attaches to and also the fact that it has a straight intake tube versus curved, this gives the Conforti several HP over the ECIS. Now price versus performance is a different story. Similarly the GruppeM uses a straight intake tube but is has a "V" shaped filter which would allow more straight through airflow at a higer velocity and therefore assist in producing a higher output than Conforti. Now based on the very few postings from Jim Conforti himself, he provided no significant evidence do disprove that the GruppeM's performance was sub-par. In fact dyno tests showed the GruppeM performed better. Again, the bottom line is price/style versus performance.

I'd say if your not into looks and want some performance, head to the group buy section, there is a ECIS style CAI going for $229.

ABMW said:
Why is conforti better than ecis?

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
My opinion....

You will get some performance out of the Shark if you use 92+ octaine. The problem is that you won't be able to get as much usable performance as in combination with a air intake.

I'd say save your money and get both!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts