BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any data on this?

The Dinan one seemed weak to me because there was actually space in between the mount and the bar where it was just free to spin around a thin screw... I'm sure laterally it's still plenty strong but it seemed like it could be lacking.

Would the ACS M3 bar necessarily be stronger because of it's size? Or would the shape sort of distribute force/etc and not give it any advantage.

As you can tell, I never took physics.

I'm going to need a strut bar, just for extra reinforcement when I fix my car... moreso to just make sure it's as rigid as new than to try to make any performance gains... and I want the strongest damn bar there is. If anyone's got any experience with multiple brands I'd love to know what you think...

·
Registered
141 Posts
does the "others" include the Active Autowerkes as well? just curious since I've been an accident before as well, and now I have both the AA front and rear strut tower bars.

·
Site Sponsor
18,526 Posts
Hey, just curious, but I'm totally NEW to the strut tower bar on the E46, the E36 LTW and JTD bars were very good - and the UUC one, but why would or wouldn't you get a strut bar for the E46?

How much would you be willing to pay for a good one?

·
Nonsense Generator
1,140 Posts
but why would or wouldn't you get a strut bar for the E46?
This whole thing is debatable. Personally when I strapped on my ACS bar I felt a noticable, but very subtle difference in steering.

·
Registered
855 Posts
wats HIOP?

So if I have a 330ci and looking for a strong strut bar for a good price.... Can anybody tell me what I should buy??

·
G-cool, G-smooth, G-style
623 Posts
I think its just personal preferrence, alot of people think that the e46 is strrong enough already, and that adding strut bar is just eye candy....I just love eye candy:D

·
Registered
668 Posts
I think the CSL strut bar has to be functional simply because it is an OEM item. It has been engineered to do something... CAD designed and integrated with the function of the entire car... something that I am pretty sure none of the other strut bar designers have done.

·
Registered
224 Posts
if I'm not mistaken I dont think strut braces make that much of a difference for e46's...but I could be wrong. I'd say go with a good pair of sways if u dont have already because that seems to make more of a difference

·
Registered
123 Posts
i would think any differences between strut bars would be negligible but i have no data or personal experience to back that up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts