E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
name's PHIL
Joined
·
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to swap out my HIGH BEAM lights, H-7.......came down to these two i guess

PIAA = PLASMA SPARK BLUE

PHILIPS = BLUE VISION

any input from u guys
TIA:thumbup:
 

·
can ya spare some change?
Joined
·
738 Posts
PIAA is "whiter" than Phillips. I had both, but the Phillips provide more light on the road and a longer beam. I often drive on back roads with no lighting as I live in suburbs.

Although the PIAA's were real white and bright in front of the car, it sucked for illumination. I had to use my highbeams more often cause I couldn't see too far down a pitch black road. I didn't have this problem with the phillips blue visions, but they are defintely not very white. If you want a white bulb, just between these 2, PIAA is white.

I heard the Sylvannia Silverstar were a lot whiter than the phillips and provide equivalent illumination. Too bad they don't make them H7 sizes :sad:
 

·
name's PHIL
Joined
·
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
PowerDrift said:
PIAA is "whiter" than Phillips. I had both, but the Phillips provide more light on the road and a longer beam. I often drive on back roads with no lighting as I live in suburbs.

Although the PIAA's were real white and bright in front of the car, it sucked for illumination. I had to use my highbeams more often cause I couldn't see too far down a pitch black road. I didn't have this problem with the phillips blue visions, but they are defintely not very white. If you want a white bulb, just between these 2, PIAA is white.

I heard the Sylvannia Silverstar were a lot whiter than the phillips and provide equivalent illumination. Too bad they don't make them H7 sizes :sad:
thx for the comments...........keep em comming........shouldve made this into a poll


orice is also a factor i guess, the PIAA's are about 100 for the pair and the philips are 1/2 that
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
345 Posts
phillips provide subtle improvements on whiteness and illumination...while PIAA's colours are fantastic...but as people have said, not much of illumination...if you want white beam, try PIAA's Extreme White range. It's Plasma range are more of a purple/blue light beam rather than illumination purposes..and most of them are illegal...for off road/racing only in Japan they are.:yikes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
I just bought a pair of Phillips blue visions H7. They just increased them to 4000K, compared to previous 3500K. I was told by the tech people where I bought them that they were better then the Sylvanias. So, I went that route.

I went with these because they provide better lighting than the PIAAs. Which is the whole point of upgrading.

Have yet to install....will post pics when i do.
 

·
name's PHIL
Joined
·
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
blatt22 said:
I just bought a pair of Phillips blue visions H7. They just increased them to 4000K, compared to previous 3500K. I was told by the tech people where I bought them that they were better then the Sylvanias. So, I went that route.

I went with these because they provide better lighting than the PIAAs. Which is the whole point of upgrading.

Have yet to install....will post pics when i do.
please dooo, i want to see how much whiter they are with the XENONS turned on


ALSO with all this illumination talk between the two, hows this for a question, Do they both definitely have more illumination than my stock halogen high beams or not, if yes then it really doesnt matter between the two and i'll just go for the more whiter one
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
i dont have xenon....wish i did. i am hoping to get a better look/performance from these phillips though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
IMO, the bluevisions don't really give any advantage over stock halogens in terms of brightness, except for the white look. If you want illumination, try Phillips VisionPlus - those bulbs provide much more illumination than stock or the PIAAs. Just won't get that ricey blue/white effect if that's what you're craving.
 

·
name's PHIL
Joined
·
5,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Atlas said:
Just won't get that ricey blue/white effect if that's what you're craving.

that is what i'm craving cause i want something that comes a lil bit close to my 6000k xenons..otherwise whats the point of upgrading
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,226 Posts
You can get the blue rice effect with the PIAA bulbs, at the expense of brightness. They'll be dimmer than stock.
 

·
can ya spare some change?
Joined
·
738 Posts
Atlas said:
IMO, the bluevisions don't really give any advantage over stock halogens in terms of brightness, except for the white look. If you want illumination, try Phillips VisionPlus - those bulbs provide much more illumination than stock or the PIAAs. Just won't get that ricey blue/white effect if that's what you're craving.
Don't quote me on this, but that last time I talked to someone that worked at Phillips, they told me that the Bluevisions were basically their Vision Plus bulbs with a blue filter. This is how they are able to provide a teeny bit more light output than the regular halogens bulbs and still achieve the whiter light.

I haven't seen the "new" BlueVisions, but I decided to go with Vision Plus because I wanted more light output over the bluish effect. I sold my Blue Visions about a week after I tried them 2 years ago.
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top