E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to replace both of my head lights. i have always wanted to get angels eyes and nows the time, i have been looking and found that bavarian autosports has a headlight that comes with angel eyes. Does anyone know how these perform? or should i just go with oem lights and get umnitza orion v2?
hope someone can help. thank you

·
Registered
9,061 Posts
P46's from Jlevi or Umnitza. If you can afford it then go OEM but that can be pricey unless you can score some good condition used ones.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just looked at the p46's.. the price is nice.. i no a lot of people put angel eyes on, if i were to buy oem and put orion v2's in, do i run the risk of ruining a brand new xenon?

·
1.888.JLEVISW
29,376 Posts
Projector46s are the best bang for your buck for an aftermarket replacement. OEM xenons are also a good option but it is tough to find a set that are in good shape with no broken clips and working components.

Our P46s are preinstalled with HIDs and LED angel eyes when you choose those options and backed by a 1 year warranty. They also include everything you need for the complete install.

·
Registered
247 Posts
just looked at the p46's.. the price is nice.. i no a lot of people put angel eyes on, if i were to buy oem and put orion v2's in, do i run the risk of ruining a brand new xenon?
No. The angel eyes run from a totally different power source. As long as you carefully install the AE's you will have absolutely no problems. I've done the install on both halogens and factory Xenons and didn't run in to a problem on either. Also, i'd work on that spelling/sentence structure if you plan on staying on this site.

Definitely go OEM (or upgraded P46's with FXR's) though. Anything else is really a waste of money as far as light output goes. Just keep looking, I managed to find complete, working pre-facelift Xenons for $240 shipped in the classifieds section.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good find for you on the oem lights... (i dont think i need sentence structure to stay on this site) short thoughts separated by commas should be excepted on a forum
why would u consider the p46 with FXRs an upgrade????

·
Site Sponsor
18,465 Posts
The P46s with FXR are the best option if you want angel eyes and the best light output on the road. The problem with OE lights is that their reflector bowls tend to burn and that the lens projectors themselves are not a wide pattern of light.

The FXR gives you the widest pattern with the best overall output and the newest projectors. And, having them pre-installed into the headlights gives you less headache, no programming for Bixenon, and same fit and finish as the OEM.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i have been trying to get in touch with your company no answer by phone... i tried to pm as well and ur mailbox if full any other way to contact you

·
Registered
254 Posts
If you go for the P46's the FXR upgrade is definitely worth it as the light output from the P46's are not that good, from what I have seen at least, if you can get the a set of OEM xenons the light output is better, so no upgrade is needed, though you might still want to, I know I do :D

Also if you find a used set of OEM ones with broken tabs, it is also a pretty easy fix all you need to do find a set of halogen headlights (should be easy engine) and swap out the internals. On e46 LCI saloons I know that the light housings of the xenons and halogen headlights are almost identical.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thank you for the help everyone. i have decided that i am going to go with the p46's with the FXR upgrade... i really dont have the time to be searching for used oem ones... if anyone wants to know how these perform just pm me.. i will share my thoughts.. Also thank you Matt from Umnitza u were a big help

1 - 14 of 14 Posts