E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm goign to a show and i have too much gas, which fuse do i need to pull for the gas to read empty? thanx in advance

·
Registered
949 Posts
34 or 35... it unplugs the entire gauge tho

im thinking you want it for car shows... the officals wont notice since your car wont be moving anyways

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
when u put ur car in a show they check ur gas level for safety reasons i asssume. my gas level is over the level required and that is y i have to pull the fuse to make it seem like i'm on empty or else i won't be able to get in

·
Bimmerfest Co-Founder
7,683 Posts
umm I don't see how you think they are going to miss the fact that the cluster doesn't work.

"Oh you are just idling at 0 RPMs and all of your clusters lights are off, odd, Oh well go on in"

Yeah that is going to happen.

Tim

·
Black and Proud
17,011 Posts
umm... how much gas are you supposed to have ? ... how about driving around and burning gas ? ... that's a big waste.. but oh well.. OR... you can open up your cluster... and then pull out your gas meter needle.. and then put it back in, but pointing WAY left (more counterclockwise) ... so when the gas needle goes up to FULL .. it still reads less than half.. maybe even near empty

when i was installing a different gauge face, i had to readjust the needles several times to make sure they were too high or too low

·
Owner
3,747 Posts
If you're gonna enter your car in a show, you gotta disconnect the battery and have less than a 1/4 tank of fuel. All for fire safety reasons.

·
][D ][ ][V][ ][D
1,522 Posts
Pulling the fuse usually works. I've pulled it on several occasions, and the event staff never suspects a thing. However, it does disable the entire instrument cluster. This is the only way in such short notice. I would not try to siphon gas. I've done it before and the siphon hose got stuck and broke off in my gas tank. Not fun.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tim330i said:
umm I don't see how you think they are going to miss the fact that the cluster doesn't work.

"Oh you are just idling at 0 RPMs and all of your clusters lights are off, odd, Oh well go on in"

Yeah that is going to happen.

Tim
[/QUOTE

BTW i pulled my fuse and got into the show with no problem. All the meters don't work but there is still cluster lighting. oh and the fuse is #35, on the top row of the fuses the one that is the furthest right. this works because i think pepole are so focused at looking at the gas meter they don't look at ur rpms or anything else. :thumbup:

·
ROI-ndian
288 Posts
ill have to remember that next time :thumbup:

at Import Xpression at Nassau Colliseum in August, i rolled in day before cleaned car and set up...next morning an hour or two before show starting, they say i have too much gas i was like 1/8 over....so i had to leave show area go to parking lot to kill gas, then went on main rd's grrrr

drove around flooring it in 5th gear goin like 30 mph

(just wondering, is that bad for the car? only did it that time to kill some gas):dunno:

·
Bimmerless
1,551 Posts
amitv85 said:
ill have to remember that next time :thumbup:

at Import Xpression at Nassau Colliseum in August, i rolled in day before cleaned car and set up...next morning an hour or two before show starting, they say i have too much gas i was like 1/8 over....so i had to leave show area go to parking lot to kill gas, then went on main rd's grrrr

drove around flooring it in 5th gear goin like 30 mph

(just wondering, is that bad for the car? only did it that time to kill some gas):dunno:
30 mph in 5th, so you were doing like 1500 rpms? How would that burn gas faster? You shoulda drove around in 1st revving the hell out of the car.

·
ROI-ndian
288 Posts
revving car high wasnt cutting it, and also didnt think it was good for car and might getengine hot...

but, when having gas pedal to floor was killing the gas at a good rate

1 - 17 of 17 Posts