BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought the difficult part of this install was going to be removing the bumper. Thanks to the DIY on here, that only took 15 minutes. The HARD part is that I'm having trouble figuring out 'which end is up' on my aluminum 1 piece pipe of my BFP CAI.



Looking at the image above, does end #1 or end #2 get connected to the MAF inside the engine? Obviously the other end goes behind the bumper and is connected to the K&N filter. My next question is looking again at the pic, where does the bracket (#3) get connected to the car? I can't figure how which end of the bracket gets connected to the bolt that is welded at the middle of the pipe.

Any help or even smart ass remarks are appreciated.

Edit: I have Dan's cell# but I think it is too early (7:30 a.m.) CA time to call him. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Yea these guys are correct.

Also I notice you have the sock on your filter. I orderred the sock also for my BFP intake but when I installed it I decided not to put the sock on. I've driven through some TORRENTIAL rain and I've not had any problems w/o the sock. I think it will restrict airflow a little bit, how could it not.

Enjoy the intake, it's great!
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mystery solved! Part #3 is for relocating the Xenon ballast but I don't have xenon so I can stop trying to use that part. I did NOT get the black triangular heat shield thing that I've seen mentioned on other boards so I'll hafta find out why it wasn't in the box.

Thanks all for the replies.
 

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
Joined
·
4,542 Posts
klangford said:
Mystery solved! Part #3 is for relocating the Xenon ballast but I don't have xenon so I can stop trying to use that part. I did NOT get the black triangular heat shield thing that I've seen mentioned on other boards so I'll hafta find out why it wasn't in the box.

Thanks all for the replies.
Klangford, you got all the right part. The triangle bracket is for Carbon Fiber 1 piece install ONLY. Please read the link I have provided :banghead:

Click here for bracket install

At the end of that post it show you how to attach the bracket #3 you have now and you should be good to go.
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yellowmann said:


Klangford, you got all the right part. The triangle bracket is for Carbon Fiber 1 piece install ONLY. Please read the link I have provided :banghead:

Click here for bracket install

At the end of that post it show you how to attach the bracket #3 you have now and you should be good to go.
Your write up was awesome....I printed the entire thing in COLOR so I didn't miss anything and it looks like I missed the obvious :D

Thanks a million for the help and the DIY. I feel better knowing my kit is 'complete'.

Yellowman - you complete me :lmao: :thumbup:
 

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
Joined
·
4,542 Posts
klangford said:


Your write up was awesome....I printed the entire thing in COLOR so I didn't miss anything and it looks like I missed the obvious :D

Thanks a million for the help and the DIY. I feel better knowing my kit is 'complete'.

Yellowman - you complete me :lmao: :thumbup:
Im glad I can help you and that you are now complete....wasn't sure how to take that like Budman... :lmao: :lmao:

Hurry up and install it and let me know how you like it
:D
 

·
I got nothin'
Joined
·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yellowmann said:


Im glad I can help you and that you are now complete....wasn't sure how to take that like Budman... :lmao: :lmao:

Hurry up and install it and let me know how you like it
:D
It's in and working fine....I had a cheap-o eBay HOT air intake before so I had already enjoyed the new 'sound' of having the old air box removed. I'm just glad not to be sucking hot air anymore from the engine bay.

Is it normal to go out to the garage, pop the hood and stroke the aluminum pipe several times per day? The wife wants to know if that'll subside after time.
 

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
Joined
·
4,542 Posts
klangford said:

Is it normal to go out to the garage, pop the hood and stroke the aluminum pipe several times per day? The wife wants to know if that'll subside after time.
OK.... take a pic of you doing that and have your wife stand there like the kid in the sig and let me know if its normal :lmao: :lmao:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Repositioning Ballast

Guys, I am having problems relocating the ballast. Everything went fine except, I have 3 inches worth of slack on the bi-xenon wiring. It doesn't get past the tube. Any suggestion? Is there more slack in the headlight part. Help please:sad:
 

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
Joined
·
4,542 Posts
Re: Repositioning Ballast

HiMiles said:
Guys, I am having problems relocating the ballast. Everything went fine except, I have 3 inches worth of slack on the bi-xenon wiring. It doesn't get past the tube. Any suggestion? Is there more slack in the headlight part. Help please:sad:
HiMiles, can you take some pics since I havent work on bi-xenon yet. That way I can try to help you.

Charlie
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
319 Posts
Ballast

Charlie. I will take some pic after I come back from my trip. I borrowed a digi cam from my friend, and I will take pics of the wires showing its length and all. I guess they're just leaving the ballast hanging. Thanks for your help Charlie.
Matt
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top