E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Which Coil Over Kit is the BEST?

• Bilstein PSS-9 Coil Over Suspension

Votes: 32 34.4%
  • Ground Control (Koni Shocks / Eibach Springs)

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • H&R Coil Over Suspension

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • KW Variant 2

Votes: 29 31.2%
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Bilstein PSS-9 Coil Over Suspension
2. Ground Control (Koni Shocks / Eibach Springs)
3. H&R Coil Over Suspension

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pics anyone?

If your car is dropped with any of these coil over kits, can you post the pics?

I want to make a decision before the weekend.

Thanks!!

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
jestr said:
Not better, but you get more drop.
from a performance and adjustability standpoint, is KW still better. Personally I don't care how looooow it can go, I'm more interested in how it will perform. KW still better than Bilstein?

·
Say hello to my lito fren
599 Posts
mc said:

from a performance and adjustability standpoint, is KW still better. Personally I don't care how looooow it can go, I'm more interested in how it will perform. KW still better than Bilstein?
as a famous fanatic once said: Opinions are like @ssholes....everyone has one!

having said that, here is what a big majority of people in this forum, including myself, will tell you (this includes folks who have actually changed their PSS9s and H&R kits to KWs):

1. KW's have a better adjustment for the dampening....no comparison. For example, my KW setting in 3/8 soft (3/4 of turn out of two turns, towards the soft setting) is a lot more comfortable than PSS9's in full soft mode

2. KW's have better manufacturing....you put the Bilstein shocks and springs side by side with the KW's Koni shocks and the springs, and the quality difference is obvious....not that PSS9's are bad, becuase they are pretty [email protected] good, but KW's are in a diff league.

3. Drop!!! I have my car set at almost the highest I can in the rear (imagine how low in the lowest!!:yikes: ), and midway in the fronts.....you can really slam these suckers. See pic below

4. Misc: if you watch the FEI races on speedtv, you will see that a lot of euro cars, such as the Schnitzer white BMW team, Audi yellow team, etc, and you notice that they ALL have KW suspensions.....:thumbup: Just think of that; Schnitzer has cars in races, and yet they use KW as their suspension, and not their own....tells you a lot!

just my .02

·
I've got what plants crave.
1,360 Posts
cool. thanks for the info man. i didn't realize KW was Koni. I had Koni adjustable sport shocks in my S4 with MTM springs and they were great.

Your car looks great btw:thumbup:

·
Addicted to Torque!
525 Posts
I have PSS9 and Im not biased at all. The KW's are tight, but you know what, its all the SAME SH!T! :flipoff:

Unless you are tracking your car, you DONT need coilovers. If you need a drop, shocks and springs are just as good and half the price.

Good Luck with whatever you go with, but I do hear that Ground Control with Koni shocks are the best way to go. Well at least I have seen it perform and the build quality on the Ground Control surpasses even KW.

For the money though, KW Var 2's are the best unless you dont need dampening in which I would go with PSS.

Like I said, Im not biased....All I wanted was adjustablity and if I could do it all over again, I would just get sport shocks to go with H&R race springs. Adj height and dampening is a pain in the A$$!

Anways......always remember people are gonna push whatever they have on their car regarless because they bought it and want to feel better about their purchase.

All coilovers do the same sh!t. End of story.

Shervin, Im still your boy tho right? :dunno:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I agree with the above post. You should think about if you really need coilovers or not. Are you really going to use the feature(s) that you are paying extra for, or will a shock/spring combo do just fine for you? Good luck. :D

Mimo330ci said:

Do you have a link to those?
www.kwsuspensions.com

·
Say hello to my lito fren
599 Posts
mt3ch said:
I have PSS9 and Im not biased at all. The KW's are tight, but you know what, its all the SAME SH!T! :flipoff:
Good Luck with whatever you go with, but I do hear that Ground Control with Koni shocks are the best way to go. Well at least I have seen it perform and the build quality on the Ground Control surpasses even KW.

For the money though, KW Var 2's are the best unless you dont need dampening in which I would go with PSS.
All coilovers do the same sh!t. End of story.

Shervin, Im still your boy tho right? :dunno:
Yo Koobs, you are one funny mofo :lmao: :flipoff:

You know you are always kewl w/ me.....like I said in my post, opinions are like @ssholes: everyone gots one!!:D

But bro, slow your roll.....first, NO, not all coilovers are the same; they may be intended to do the same thing, but they are not the same...if they were, then the folks running races (see my previous post) would slap on some ACS coils and be done with it, but they don't -> they go with KW's. Not all springs are the same, not all exhausts are the same, not all intakes are the same, and definitely not all coilover systems are the same!

second, please my brotha, stop with the nonesense...GC's better than KW's? man PLEASE! I know james is your boy and all, and I love his whip too, but lets get real...

Anyway, opinions are opinions, and your hit it on the nail....everyone will push what they got or what they think is best:thumbup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KWv2 or KWv3 !?

playinJ30 said:
none of those are the BEST

the best are the JRZ custom suspension... .and then KWv3s are great too...

out of those i'd go w/ KWv2
What's the difference between the KWv2 and KWv3 !?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts