BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
I holla
1,665 Posts
stock bulbs? :dunno:

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
DropTopBM said:
what do you mean, my stock bulbs are orange?
some cars came with orange bulbs, others came with just white/clear ones behind the amber lights. when i put my clears on, i had the white bulbs under the amber lights

·
I holla
1,665 Posts
you can buy em at an autopart store for like 2 bucks, but i don't know if its going to give you the look you want. its a ugly white.

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ugly white? wtf is ugly white? lol

i think i know what you mean, i sort of like that color --- can i also get the side marker bulbs at a local store or would i need to get those from a dealer

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
DropTopBM said:
ugly white? wtf is ugly white? lol

i think i know what you mean, i sort of like that color --- can i also get the side marker bulbs at a local store or would i need to get those from a dealer
yea, it is sort of an ugly white, thats y i changed them

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
Even though when they aren't blinking, they have that ugly white, sort of yellow look, when they do blink, the white looks fine. and the great thing about these are if u have them in the rear, the white they blink isn't that super-bright white light, so the car's behind u won't get pissed off :thumbup: that y i still have these in the back

·
Registered
4,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cool thanks for the info -- so do they make these bulbs for the side markers or will i have to leave those orange? also if you have pics please post em

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
yea, they have them for the sides, I have them on my sides and rear, my fronts i changed to hyperwhites cuz of the ugly white color they have. let me see if i have any pics

·
Registered
11,177 Posts
ok, i found my only pic of when i had the stock white/clear ones on my front. sorry about the pic quality. hope this helps

·
Registered
778 Posts
if you don't mind spending some money on your bulbs go with LED. I just ordered some Amber LED bulbs from the fronts and sides for about $10 ea. Going to get LED all around with Back Turns and Brake Lights.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts