BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious because I saw someone with Silvervisions blink their signals, and the color was more white or yellow/white than the bright amber color of stock amber blinkers. Now I understand when your covering a bulb with silver paint it might not blink the exact same color as stock, however I'm curious which ones blink closer to stock?

Anyone have experience or witnessed each type of bulb blinking?

I would think the platinumvisions would blink closer and brighter to stock since they have a circle cut out in the paint for the light to blink through? But I don't know for sure, I don't own eithe yet.

Just let me know what you think. TIA

·
yuppie racing
1,927 Posts
i have the platinums and they look almost stock at night, however, during the day time they are alot more of a pale amber, and im sure someone else might have a hard time seeing them if there is sun glare.

·
Banned
1,703 Posts
I am returning mine to bimmian.com because of the potential safety issue. You can barley see them in sunlight plus they blink to the side and not the whole bulb but the one little hole on them.

AdamR

·
Registered
169 Posts
paint your stock bulbs yourself.... make sure to apply just a mist or very thin coat of paint... if you don't like it... then it only would set u back a few dollars...

·
Registered
11,332 Posts
dentrapment said:
paint your stock bulbs yourself.... make sure to apply just a mist or very thin coat of paint... if you don't like it... then it only would set u back a few dollars...
Agreed

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I think the Silvervisions are very bright!!!

And I think they are of good quality...but I am not a fan of amber effects...

·
Alpine White
842 Posts
I've had my Silvervisions for almost a year now, and I'm very satisfied with them. :thumbup: Absolutely no fading, and it's as bright as the orange bulbs that were originally on before. It's really high quality stuff. I think that it's well worth the 50 bucks (for 4 bulbs). If you can afford to drive a BMW, fifty bucks won't set you back that far for your next mod.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The money doesn't concern me for the set of bulbs, it's more of a safety feature as people mentioned above. Some of the blinkers I've seen blink that whitish color, which to me is harder to see in sunlight and not as recognized as the typical amber blinkers. That's why I was curious which of these two aftermarket bulbs performed closer to stock. It would seem the Silvervisions do at this point.

I guess I could try painting my OEM bulbs. And yeah, if you think about it, you'd only need a very thin coat on the bulb, just so it appears silver. Because once it has even a thin film on it, you won't be able to make out any amber in the clear signal housing. But it should still blink fairly bright.

Looks like I have a project for the weekend. Is high heat paint recommended, or should just regular work?

·
Registered
370 Posts
im not happy with my bimmian bulbs :sad:

When they blink/stay on, only some parts of ambler light can be seen. It does not look proportional throughout the clears.

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,835 Posts
I have the DIY silvervisions and I did them because I heard silvervisions didnt blink as bright as stock (not because of money issues). when blinking they are as noticable as ever in regular daylight. They look like a regular amber bulb in a clear reflector. I am very satisfied with them :thumbup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
WHY DON'T YOU GUYS GET THE led BLINKERS THAT ARE ONLY AMBER WHEN THEY'RE ON.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
?

Never saw these.

Pics, price, where to buy?

In reality though I'll probably just paint my own. It sounds like the easiest and most effective way IMO.

·
can ya spare some change?
811 Posts
Dr Jekyll said:
I've had my Silvervisions for almost a year now, and I'm very satisfied with them. :thumbup: Absolutely no fading, and it's as bright as the orange bulbs that were originally on before. It's really high quality stuff. I think that it's well worth the 50 bucks (for 4 bulbs). If you can afford to drive a BMW, fifty bucks won't set you back that far for your next mod.
I agree :thumbup:

I got them here:

http://www.autolamps-online.com/

if you wait until summer around July or August time, they have an annual seasonal special where you buy 2 sets ( 4 bulbs ) and you get 1 set ( 2 bulbs free ) plus free shipping. Heck, you guys could do a group by and get them for an average price of $16/set. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts