E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a black 323i and the paint is crap. I have big plans for the car in the future but for now I just want the paint to look good. My thoughts are:

1. CTS-v black diamond edition black
2. Sikkens deep black (very dark non-metallic)
3. OEM BMW black
4. Satin black
5. Flat black

Also, I'll be running 19" VMR v718's staggered in matte black, so I'm obviously partial to the blacked out look. I've also ordered an MTech2 front bumper and matte black grilles from modbargains. Considering red BMW logo overlays too, but not sure yet. Don't want to do to much appearance-wise before its got the muscle to back it up.

So... Thoughts?

·
Registered
2016 340i xD 6-spd
26,660 Posts
Fern Green Black Metallic. It's like black in the night, but in the light you see the Fern Green Metallic. even sexier!

How crappy is your paint, OP? A good paint job is thousands done right so I hope you've put some thousands into making sure the car is driving like it should first...just saying!

·
Registered
104 Posts
First choice any BMW gloss black carbon or sapphire. Next I would say the cts black. That Ruby black metallic sounds tempting as well but I think your best choice is gloss black.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fern Green Black Metallic. It's like black in the night, but in the light you see the Fern Green Metallic. even sexier!

How crappy is your paint, OP? A good paint job is thousands done right so I hope you've put some thousands into making sure the car is driving like it should first...just saying!
Pretty crappy... The clear coat actually looks like its peeling in several places and it looks like it's been parked in the south Texas sun for 13 yrs and never seen the inside of a garage.

I don't mind spending some serious $ on the paint. I only spent $3,500 for the car which was way under my budget. I almost have it running well...

First had a cel for multiple misfires- changed spark plugs that felt like they were welded in. Probably original factory plugs....

Then there was a ton of oil on #5 spark plug and boot so I did the vcg...

Then the battery died so I replaced it.

This weekend I'm doing the power steering pump and replacing the reservoir and hoses while I'm at it. Hopefully that will be it for a while...

Good thing is the interior is practically mint.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I'd suggest buying a CTS-V if you want its color
Good idea genius... Do you have $70k I can borrow? Besides my other car is basically a blue collar cts-v. Panther Black Metallic G8 GT w/ 502rwhp/512ftlbs. L76 with a roots style blower is basically an LSA, except built, not bought.

I have OEM BMW Black (Sapphire-Metallic)
love it.. only other color i like is Alpina white
I don't see any metallic in what's left of my paint. Does that mean I have carbon black? I'd like to stick to an oem color, but I'd prefer a metallic. Is sapphire metallic close enough to match the carbon black strut tower and door jams?

I'd suggest buying a CTS-V if you want its color
Besides if you saw a black diamond edition in person, you'd want it to. It's absolutely beautiful.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.