BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Manwhore
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant make up my mind if i want a regular aftermarke headunit, or a flip out screen kind. Are the screens worth it.. how many of you use them?

What would you get for under 1400? :dunno:

·
Network Analyst
3,487 Posts
I just bought an Alpine CDA-7894 last night. I can't wait until I get it installed.

It's a nice unit but it doesn't have any kind of flip-out screen.

dave

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm looking at the Alpine 7998. Looks like it has all the features I am looking for. It also lets you program time delay so you can better set the stereo image. Runs around $750.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the 7998 installed in my car. I wish i could take pictures and show u wut it's like...you won't be disappointed, tho.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Two of my brothers had the flip out screens. One did video, the other Nav. I don't have/need either. Too complicated to use as a basic headunit. Both of them were stolen too.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,354 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:
I cant make up my mind if i want a regular aftermarke headunit, or a flip out screen kind. Are the screens worth it.. how many of you use them?

What would you get for under 1400? :dunno:
I say go with the flip-out screen :thumbup:, its got more *bling bling* to it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
the 7998 flips out too...it flips out when u first start the car...and retracts when u turn your car off...the only problem is that the screen isnt that big...but otherwise...i have no complaints

·
Registered
154 Posts
lol crazy bimmer...your setup is almost like mine...

im running 2 10w6v2, arc audio:4150, 1500D-R, focal 165K, and diamond s500s...

·
Registered
940 Posts
i had the 7998. I think it's the best HU on the market.

I sold it because i wanted something new, now i've got the one with the flip out screef from alpine in combination with the alpine dvd player

get the 7998 if you needn't a flip out screen

1 - 14 of 14 Posts