BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my Xenon fog kit ( xtec ) all seems well made, but not sure of how to install yet. I guess the plugs will be self explanatory once I get my old fogs out and look at them (2000 323ci, 9006/HB4 bulbs). My only concern is where to mount the ballasts. They seem a little large to "tuck" in somewhere dry and out of the way. Already seached but could not find any info. Any recs. from some one with same/similar mod?

·
First 19" ZHP
1,463 Posts
behind your bumper theres the real steel bumper. inside there is a huge groove people just usually use double sided tape and tape the ballast down in there and it does not get wet

·
devGOD
2,557 Posts
up here, BUT... turn them around the other way and put it on the edge the opposite side of the horns. there is not much room on the right side but double side tape it and use the long zip ties that came with the kit. run it throw the hole on each end of the xtec box and the hole at the end of the metal bumper support bar.

·
Pwner
327 Posts
I would put something over it to protect against water just in case. I thought my ballasts were safe, but one day my community's sprinkler was misaimed and sprayed up into my car all night and fried my ballast. thats a lot of money.

·
devGOD
2,557 Posts
water won't get behind the bumper support. that's where the horns are. that's the driest place to put them

·
Registered
933 Posts
devGOD said:
up here, BUT... turn them around the other way and put it on the edge the opposite side of the horns. there is not much room on the right side but double side tape it and use the long zip ties that came with the kit. run it throw the hole on each end of the xtec box and the hole at the end of the metal bumper support bar.
Thxs for the pic .. it will help me out in placing my ballasts when the time comes. :thumbup:

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ballast mounting

Umnitza, is double sided tape alone enough to hold the ballasts, and for how long. I'll try to install in about a week, waiting for new fog housings. Old ones too sand/stone blasted to show off the new lights!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts