1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To do the DIY for OEM alarm, the DIY says I need:

6mm Nut Driver
#30 Torx Driver

Where can I get this stuff from? Is it already in my trunk/tools kit?:dunno: I'm excited and wanna do the alarm install but need these tools.

thanks in advance :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys, i really wanna get this mod done, where can i get those parts? :dunno:

The #30 torx driver

6 mm nut driver

helpppp :eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
It might be hard to find a #30 torx driver as a single tool. You'll be better off just buying a socket set of torx that includes the one you need. You can get that at any hardware store for around $10 - $15. Same way the the 6mm.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
6mm driver will be in any socket set. If your going to be doing a bunch of DIYs I suggest you get a set. For the torx 30 I couldnt find mine but I found an alen wrench which fit but wasnt ideal. Go down to home depot or a hardware store and pick up some tools. :thumbup: Good luck. That was the 2nd thing I did right after putting in my V1 on the day I got my car.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so should I go to like advance auto parts or to a hardware store like home depot? And what do I ask for?

Socket Set for torx
and socet set for nut drivers?

·
Registered
71 Posts
It all depends if you want a nice set of tools or not. Nut drivers I believe are just basically a screwdrive with and a appropriate size socket on the end. One tool for one size. I don't think you want this. If you want to get set up right, buy a (1) 1/4", (1) 3/8", & (1) 1/2" rachet. Then buy the corresponding socket sizes in in. & mm. It will be a little expensive but if you buy Craftsmen, which is what I would suggest, then they will last you a lifetime. For the torx, just buy the cheapest set you can find. I bought mine in a set of 9 (T10 to T50) it was about $12. I would suggest buy your nice set of rachets & sockets from Sears. Then go the Home Depot or Lowes for everything else. Stay away from Advance, Wal-Mart, etc. - cheap tools. If you skimp on tools, you'll just be pissed in the long run. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts