E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can you get nice oem style clear front bumper reflectors? I just got some from Bekkers, cheap made in TAIWAN stuff for $42!! WTF? The orange oem ones have a nice honeycomb pattern. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
913 Posts
OEM? Clears are not a BMW item for the bumper ones, that I have seen... Aftermarket unfortunately is the way to go.

Several of the E46 Sponsors do offer them,... good place to shop around for.

·
Registered
492 Posts
mattman said:
Get painted reflectors as they look good + they are usually OEM reflectors and have no fittingissues..
Agree. I bought the same cheap a$$ reflectors from bimmertoys.com. Had to shave the hell out of them to get them to fit and even then they were not flush. Buy painted ones.

·
E46Fanatic
3,055 Posts
yeah, i bought mine from bimmertoys too. one of them fit excellent, popped right in. the other one took me about an hour to get it perfect. had to file and shave the hell out of that thing :banghead:

·
Registered
593 Posts
My car is Titanium Silver

I sprayed they silver and a clearcoat and they looks perfect
Less than 5 bucks in total.

No worry, No Risk if you know how to spray color some hobby model kits.

I said no risk because if you ****ed it up. Just get the clear or painted reflectors. Why not give yourself a try? Was fun too.

·
Registered
307 Posts
garbage

StreetTrixE4six said:
yeah, i bought mine from bimmertoys too. one of them fit excellent, popped right in. the other one took me about an hour to get it perfect. had to file and shave the hell out of that thing :banghead:
same thing happen to me with the junk from Bimmertoys only the second one fit so bad and I had to do so much filing on it it finnaly cracked and they both went into the garbage can.
vern

·
Registered
214 Posts
Me too!!!

I'm pretty angry. I bought those clears from bimmertoys and it broke trying to install. I didn't even bother with the second one after that. What a waste of time and money. I'm looking to get painted ones, but I don't want to get pulled over. Does anyone know if you get pulled over in SoCal with painted reflectors?

·
Registered
196 Posts
i got mine from ebay.
ended up buying two pairs -

one from procarparts which i broke while installing cuz one of them didnt fit at all.

second pair i bought it from F1 sports. i drove to the seller's shop myself just incase they dont fit. well, not to my surprise, the driver's side did not fit so i had the owner come out and make it fit my grinding here and there, including the bumper. he said his friend's E46 had the same problem on the driver's side also.

anyway, they both do NOT fit perfectly on the bumper but you cant really tell unless you look real close. but you cant expect much from aftermarket stuff anyway.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.