BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone suggest where I can get the After market NAV installed in either the Northern Virginia or Washington DC area. I went to Crevier BMW and purchased the NAV, but I don't think i'm going to be able to install it my self. They told me it would take about 3-4 hours of installation time. Who do you guys recommend I go to. My BMW dealer here is charging me $95/hr and there not even sure they can do it.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I don't understand?

I'm a little bit confused?:dunno: You bought an aftermarket navigation from BMW? What kind and why? I also live in Northern VA - you should try to return it and simply go over to Circuit City (tysons corner) or Best Buy (springfield) and buy the alpine navigation, cd player, dvd player with the flip-out screen and they'll install it there. It's a lot cheaper than bimmer, they'll make it look really nice with the custom dash components to blend it in well with the black color of the temperature/heat controls. Pretty simple :) :thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased the following

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=83316

I got the information from the thread above. It cost me $1200 with shipping. Do you have any pics of the one that best buy has? The one i purchased compliments my current system and doesn't replace it. What is your suggestion?

·
Registered
7,629 Posts
Many car stereo places will be reluctant to install a product they are not very familiar with. I would stay away from Best Buy or Circuit City for something like this. GENERALLY, their installers are not up to par when it comes to "out of the ordinary plug and play" things. Call Myer Emco or Tweeters and see what they say.

If you are still considering a dealer, call BMW of Sterling. They are great!

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
But, if you bought the item from Best Buy they'll definetely do the install and fit it in with the custom black to not make it look goofy - I don't have personal picks but you can look it all up at BestBuy.com - im sure they're able to do it in inquired last month and I'm now saving up money.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I would have BMW install it. If they damage something they won't hesitate to replace it and if you have any future problems they're obligated to correct them. A stereo shop is still gonna want $200-$300 to install that. I'd rather spend a little more for some peace of mind.

That unit looks sweet BTW! Good luck!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I would go with BMW. Call the local dealers up (Tisher, VOB, Arlington, Fairfax, Sterling) and ask how much to install the Nav. If you're not a BMWCCA member, consider joining because a lot of dealers offer discounts, and the discount could easily add up to more than the cost of a one year membership ($35 I think).

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
But as suggested before, I think you should return what you got and go to Myer Emco. They offer good installation and if anything goes wrong they'll fix it for sure without any additional costs - it's a bit pricey but they tailor everything to your budget and definetely have some awesome stuff. just check out car audio and video section of myeremco.com , they're really awesome, I'm gonna get the flip out alpine screen with a DVD player, navigation, 6 CD changer, and TV tuner so my passengers are always entertained - it's gonna be so sweet - all from Myer Emco. There are a lotta locations - check the website.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have decided to go to Myer Emco.. those guys were great. The BMW system is being returned as we speek. I will post pictures soon. Thanks for all the help guys

1 - 10 of 10 Posts