BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone can recommend place to Dyno my car in Orange County?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys:thumbup:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Dynamic and XS are both great choices....

XS does more overall tuning and has two dynos...

Will

·
Registered
482 Posts
Anthony said:
whats rough range they charge? and either of them have a 4 wheel dyno?
I dont know what they charge off hand. Your best bet is to give them a call.

I am pretty sure that Dynamic does not have a 4 wheel dyno at the moment. I know that XS had plans for one, but I do not know if they have it at the current moment.

If you are asking about a 4 wheel dyno because of wanting to dyno a SMG M3, Sorry, but it still might not be the solution that you are looking for. I have a 4 wheel dyno at work and it will not solve the issue with the incomplete dyno runs due to different front and rear wheels speeds. Most 4 wheel dynos have independant drums (rollers) that are used to measure power on AWD cars. The two drums are usualy not connected and will not simulate spinning of the front wheels for a RWD car.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Will Pwr said:

If you are asking about a 4 wheel dyno because of wanting to dyno a SMG M3, Sorry, but it still might not be the solution that you are looking for. I have a 4 wheel dyno at work and it will not solve the issue with the incomplete dyno runs due to different front and rear wheels speeds. Most 4 wheel dynos have independant drums (rollers) that are used to measure power on AWD cars. The two drums are usualy not connected and will not simulate spinning of the front wheels for a RWD car.
I think I hear similar story to this.
The only way you can dyno your SMG M3 right now is probably portable device like g-tech or hks dyno meter.... I heard they are pretty accurate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts