BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchasing 4.10s :excited:, and am looking for a shop to install them.
I've heard good things about both Bimmersport and RMP Motors in Toronto.

Has anyone had gearsets installed there (or somewhere else) and/or can comment?

Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had my valve adjustment done and TMS subframe kit welded in at RMP. Rocco does really good work, everything was put back together perfectly, no greasy hand prints anywhere on the car. Very clean shop. I definitely recommend there. I haven't personally dealt with Bimmersport for anything.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my valve adjustment done and TMS subframe kit welded in at RMP. Rocco does really good work, everything was put back together perfectly, no greasy hand prints anywhere on the car. Very clean shop. I definitely recommend there. I haven't personally dealt with Bimmersport for anything.
Thanks

Heres the link to Turner, really good deal. When i called them a couple hours ago they only had 3 4.10s left, so i grabbed one.

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1565-ring-pinion-gear-set-rp-only-391-or-410-e46-m3-e60-m5-e63-m6-warehouse-clearance.aspx

$599 for 3.91
$899 for 4.10 (shot-peened)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
4.10 is here. Packaged very securely! They look very nice, can't wait to install this spring/summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had Rob at Auto Evolution install my 4.10 gear (along with my SMG pump, Schrick 288 cams, rebuilt VANOS and numerous other things). He's quite the E46 M3 expert. Located in Oakville, ON. 1071 Speer Rd. 905-842-8200

·
Registered
137 Posts
I hate to say it but 4.10 gears are just stupid for this car. you will be going 5mph at redline in 1st. You call that fun? Ive been through tons of gearsets and reduced my 4.10s to a 3.73 and that's on an 8500 rpm NA v-8 making 615 hp.

Hot rod gears on an m3 :facepalm:

·
Registered
48 Posts
I hate to say it but 4.10 gears are just stupid for this car. you will be going 5mph at redline in 1st. You call that fun? Ive been through tons of gearsets and reduced my 4.10s to a 3.73 and that's on an 8500 rpm NA v-8 making 615 hp.

Hot rod gears on an m3 :facepalm:
Clearly, you have no clue on this subject. Does this image look like the rpm's are "going 5mph at redline"?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Wow so you go and show me the rpms in 6th gear and expect there to be a big difference? Who's the Morron ? Show me 1st gear at redline and the mph. By the time you cross an intersection you will be in third gear. Sure the torque multiplication 'feels' great until you look at the speedo and realize you're not traveling very fast. Go ride a mountain bike and start from the smallest gear and pedal as fast as you can. Then start in the highest gear and pedal as fast as you can and tell me if theres a speed difference. Seriously.. Go learn something about gears before you waste your money.

You are calling BMW idiots by swapping gears . You may also just start off in 2nd gear from a stop since first is useless now. Congrats on making a 5 speed.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I agree with 5ABIVT. I decided against getting a 4.10 recently. Not only is it stupid expensive for what you get, that ratio is terrible at the track. 3.91 is as high as you want to go. If you don't track and have money to blow, then by all means get a 4.10.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well, these are just opinions (from members that aren't even running 4.10's)... some of which are plainly retarded (can't even spell moron, LOL!). The mph difference at redline is 6. Deal breaker? Maybe for some that like to achieve the 176mph unrestricted theoretical top speed in N.America? I'm at the track EVERY weekend, and can definitely say the 4.10 upgrade was the best bang-for-the-buck mod. Then again, my engine is built (288 cams, rockers, springs, raised compression, ported etc) with a 9000rpm limiter, but what do I know? I'm just a "morron".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts