BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 112 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
When i got my pa soft the disc it came with actually worked....go figure, so i used it abd i haven't had any problems. I've only used pa soft to code my temp gauge though so i have limited experience with it. If anyone wants my disc I'll mail it to whoever wants it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So hearing all these problems with PA Soft and having to use an old laptop and different links to get the program to install and work, is there something else? Perhaps better?

·
Registered
270 Posts
PA Soft 1.4.0 is most pervasive due to its low cost and wide ranging functionality. You can buy it with a cable at xCar360 for $20. I haven't had a problem with it and my OLD laptop works fine thanks. You can also try OBDFusion but it may not talk to all the chassis modules the way PA Soft does. OBDFusion has an app that runs on your phone and a wireless module that goes in the OBD port. Remember that our cars are AT LEAST ten years old, so they like to talk to ten year old computers. Our e46's built before '01 have the round underhood connector and it's best to plug that into the multiplexer. You need a round to OBD adapter for that. They're about $10 on eBay.

·
Registered
8 Posts
pa soft sucks for help

:banghead::banghead:bought mine on amazon and software disc was broke and i cant find good full version download anywhere can some one pm a copy to me pleasehave 5 cars want too recode

·
Banned
160 Posts
Reported to moderators.
why would you do that, the link is useful and answers the question

When i got my pa soft the disc it came with actually worked....go figure, so i used it abd i haven't had any problems. I've only used pa soft to code my temp gauge though so i have limited experience with it. If anyone wants my disc I'll mail it to whoever wants it.
mine too, came with a cd. i ripped the cd to my pc.

:banghead::banghead:bought mine on amazon and software disc was broke and i cant find good full version download anywhere can some one pm a copy to me pleasehave 5 cars want too recode
don't know what you have, i have a carsoft

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Question: Does PA Soft have the ability to lower the TEMP warning chime? I got in the car today and the first thing I hear after starting is a chime and the TEMP flashing (37 degrees) on the dash. I'd forgotten about this feature and I'd really like to lower this threshold to something closer to freezing and not what I believe is the 40 degrees or lower that sets it off.

·
Premium Member
28,970 Posts
There is a reason the chime triggers at 37F on these cars. Bridges and road conditions vary and 37F is a good trigger point.

Do not know if it can be directly altered, but I am sure a Hex file hack could be worked out. But not sure why anyone would want to alter this value?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if anyone still has a .zip of this software. All the links i've found thus far are broken or no longer exist. I've used inpa in the past, and still have it installed on an old laptop, but some of the features I can't get to show up in english. Thanks in advance.

·
Banned
160 Posts
Question: Does PA Soft have the ability to lower the TEMP warning chime? I got in the car today and the first thing I hear after starting is a chime and the TEMP flashing (37 degrees) on the dash. I'd forgotten about this feature and I'd really like to lower this threshold to something closer to freezing and not what I believe is the 40 degrees or lower that sets it off.
haha I just made a thread about this, guy answered showing the screen from the manual, beeps at 37, and again if it warms to 43 and back down to 37

also warning is that on bridges there can be ice above 37 degrees so beware

·
Registered
4 Posts
PA Soft CD cracked

Hey guys. I ordered a scanner from PA Soft and my disc was cracked. I was able to get it from the previously posted link. After some fiddling to be able to extract the exe. from the ISO file and some tricks to make it work with my 64 bit version of Windows 7 I got it up and running. Thank you to those who helped make all the writes up I used and posted the link!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
The official download location for this thing is apparently http://www.bmw-scanner.com/download/v140/bmwscan_140.zip.
It matches the checksums posted earlier in this thread, anyway. _sl_
Hey guys. I ordered a scanner from PA Soft and my disc was cracked. I was wondering if someone could email the program to me?
I just downloaded from the link posted above and the MD5 matched. From what I understand that is the official site for this software.

·
// Quandt AG (Retired) //
3,700 Posts
61 - 80 of 112 Posts