BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what size bulb and where I can order a blue citylight bulb for my car. I recently installed DDE Lightnings and it looks a bit funny with the yellow light in the middle of the highbeam section.

Thanks in advance~ :thumbup:

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,127 Posts
just get some led ones from www.superbrightleds.com and get the 4 bulb clustered ones. real cheap, pop in and out. perfect for it. i installed some oem city lights on my ride last year (we dont have them in the usa) and have some red, blue, green, and purple bulbs that i can swap in and out).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bookus11 said:
just get some led ones from www.superbrightleds.com and get the 4 bulb clustered ones. real cheap, pop in and out. perfect for it. i installed some oem city lights on my ride last year (we dont have them in the usa) and have some red, blue, green, and purple bulbs that i can swap in and out).
Thanks for the reply, but I'm just looking for regular bulbs... I like LED bulbs, but I heard they cause the computer to think that the bulbs are out~

Do you have any info on the size? Thanks! :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info~ I resistor kit they have seems to be for 50W bulbs, so now I'm wondering if they would work with the low Watt citybulbs~ hmmm Aren't citybulbs 5W?

Well I'm actually not even sure if the computer checks for burnt out citylights, so I'm gonna try disconnecting the plug and see if the computer gives me a warning.

If there is no problem, I think I'll order the 6 LED clustered bulb~ that would be sweet! :D

Thanks again!

·
is baaaaaaaaaack...
1,127 Posts
noooo, they now upgraded? oh well, brighter is better, but too bad i just got mine a couple months ago. thanks for the info on that eric.:thumbup:

·
Banned
2,061 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts