E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

Even though the dollar is pretty strong at the moment, I'm a bit wary of ordering online for stuff from overseas, and the shipping costs seem to make it not worth it.

I know eurodivision sell Mycarr CCFLs but I am specifically after the Umnitza Orion V2 LEDs. Besides the angel eyes I'm also looking for a full 8pc smoked indicators + reverse lights set and the Bavarian Soundwerks speaker upgrade pack but I guess the latter I will have to buy directly from their website. Oh and also some good quality HID-like halogens like Sylvania Silverstars to use while I save up for actual xenon projectors. And is it possible to get white parking (the small 2825 type) bulbs?

If anyone knows of good places to find any of these things within Australia, I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Just buy all the parts you've mentioned from the US. You will not regret it and I guarantee that it will be 'worth it'. Most of us do buy from the States and with Sponsors like umnitza, its hard not to be tempted to buy from the US.
umnitza has a great reputation for great prices and shipping rates to AUS. The best 'HID-like' halogen bulbs from my experience would have to be Bimmian Xenesis Tru-Math bulbs, they are an almost identical match to OEM, stock 4300K HID Xenon lighting. Very close actually!

As for white parking lights, yes; it is possible. But there is no point because if you do save up for actual xenon projectors - I don't think they have them? Not too sure about OEM projectors, but they are certainly not there for DEPO HID projectors.

But honestly, if you are REALLY AGAINST buying from the US all I can suggest is carwear.com.au - which is located in Melbourne. Pretty much the next best thing for BMWs in Australia.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I have MYCARR CCFL and they're fantastic, the thing i dont like baout the LEDs is that you cant see it fron the side only front on. Are you after all the clear lights or just the reverse? If you're after clears, theres always cheap ones on ebay.

For the headlights im using Mtecs(ED stock them too) and they're good aswell. You can get white parkers from autobarne or ebay

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
ccfl's and theire balasts are old and get too hot... ive seen horror stories... go for LED's.... brighter, cooler, draw less power, no balasts, newer... nd yeah +1 on carwear in melbourne they are the bomb!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
^ Definitely the most significant benefits associated with LEDs. CCFLs are annoying to wire up and the ballasts are a pain in the arse because they're affected by a lot of weather conditions and have a greater risk of getting damage over time than your typical LED circuit board.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
interesting...i've also heard stories about the ballasts catching fires in accidents. So whats the LEDs like? simply plug and play to the battery and no ballast or what so ever?

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
Just buy all the parts you've mentioned from the US. You will not regret it and I guarantee that it will be 'worth it'. Most of us do buy from the States and with Sponsors like umnitza, its hard not to be tempted to buy from the US.
umnitza has a great reputation for great prices and shipping rates to AUS. The best 'HID-like' halogen bulbs from my experience would have to be Bimmian Xenesis Tru-Math bulbs, they are an almost identical match to OEM, stock 4300K HID Xenon lighting. Very close actually!

As for white parking lights, yes; it is possible. But there is no point because if you do save up for actual xenon projectors - I don't think they have them? Not too sure about OEM projectors, but they are certainly not there for DEPO HID projectors.

But honestly, if you are REALLY AGAINST buying from the US all I can suggest is carwear.com.au - which is located in Melbourne. Pretty much the next best thing for BMWs in Australia.
Thank you.

Often it's easier to buy direct. We ship using USPS or Fedex International - depending on your need for speed:):hi:

·
Premium Member
2,211 Posts
I bought my LED angel eyes from EAS. Fast shipping and easy to deal with.

I had some clips break and they sent me some replacement clips for free!

They were very good to deal with.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I bought my LED angel eyes from EAS. Fast shipping and easy to deal with.

I had some clips break and they sent me some replacement clips for free!

They were very good to deal with.
+1 tom from EAS gave me really good customer service when i got my CCFLs

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Here's a tip from my experience. If you are definitely going to buy projectors down the track, save yourself time and hassle by ordering P46s with the LEDs in one package, instead of retrofitting your LED angel eyes to the projectors later down the track.

I originally had P46's from umnitza with ccfl angel eyes. No dramas, all worked fine. No ballast issues for 2+ years.

Then I decided to upgrade to LED angel eyes. Most tedious PIA job in my opinion, for something which theoretically should be a direct swap. To retrofit, you have to break open (read: mangle and destroy) the plastic ring holding the LEDs in place, and then re-use your existing CCFL angel eye housing to hold the LEDs in place on your P46s. And be warned that the fitment is fiddly and poor. This all seems rather ironic given how much publicity and attention is directed to the various attributes of the ring, such as grooves/backing etc...

End result may be worth it, but the tip is to just get it pre-installed by the vendor. There are several vendors selling these, so I suggest shopping around. P46s are relatively cheap now, and buying xenons/P46s/LEDs in one package will save you in the long run.

This means that you also cannot re-sell your CCFL angel eyes because they are now useless without a housing.

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Jason, what's the news on the projectors and will you be bringing in the 81 LED AE's as well?
massive +1 !!!!!!!
i really want the DEPO headlights! and i want them preinstalled with thoes mycarr 81led angel eyes if possible! mmmm :) SCHNELL!!

·
Registered
644 Posts
massive +1 !!!!!!!
i really want the DEPO headlights! and i want them preinstalled with thoes mycarr 81led angel eyes if possible! mmmm :) SCHNELL!!
true that. I'm on the verge of biting the bullet and purchasing the AE's from jlevisw and getting the projectors when they're in stock.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Jason, what's the news on the projectors and will you be bringing in the 81 LED AE's as well?
massive +1 !!!!!!!
true that. I'm on the verge of biting the bullet and purchasing the AE's from jlevisw and getting the projectors when they're in stock.
I am still deciding what AE's to offer you guys as a package with the DEPO's, if you want them badly now I'd understand :)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts