BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do you guys know where i can get these hid kits from? i know jlevi and umnitza have the 8000k but does anyone else carry them because im considering 10000k as well. i have seen some on ebay but im not sure if they are good quality.

·
Are we there yet??
6,803 Posts
BiMMeR323ci2000 said:
do you guys know where i can get these hid kits from? i know jlevi and umnitza have the 8000k but does anyone else carry them because im considering 10000k as well. i have seen some on ebay but im not sure if they are good quality.

Unless you are buying them for a show or something, I would never get 8k let alone 10k.

Even at 6k you lose a noticable amount of light, by 10k your expensive zenons are not any bright actually might even be some what dimmer then Halogens.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
xkrnxnamjahx said:
damn thats gonna be bright yo!! Do you know by the chance, how much the stock xenons on a 2003 M3 is? How bright ?
im pretty sure that factory xenons are all 4300k.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Staszek said:
Unless you are buying them for a show or something, I would never get 8k let alone 10k.

Even at 6k you lose a noticable amount of light, by 10k your expensive zenons are not any bright actually might even be some what dimmer then Halogens.

heres a guy with 10000k and they look awesome.

i need something with more of a blueish color than a 6000k.

·
Banned
6,697 Posts
xkrnxnamjahx said:
damn thats gonna be bright yo!! Do you know by the chance, how much the stock xenons on a 2003 M3 is? How bright ?
8k and 10k are actually going to be pretty dim. Higher the number the dimmer they get.

·
Registered
174 Posts
10000K ????!!!! da..mn !!!!
it's actually darker than the stock 4300k , 10000K ,8000K, and 6000K are bluer then 4300k but actually they're darker . I have 6000K for my low beam and fogs, they're darker then the stock ones .

·
Site Sponsor
18,523 Posts
This is just goofy.

Most companies can't even figure out what they are trying to market - bright or just junk.

It's like the "xenon-like" bulbs that everyone eventually figures out is just a marketing gimmick.

10000K is PURPLE, not blue, PURPLE.

Blue is 5000-6000. Most companies cannot properly guage what is and is not 8000K or higher. Just marketing gimmicks.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
umnitza said:
This is just goofy.

Most companies can't even figure out what they are trying to market - bright or just junk.

It's like the "xenon-like" bulbs that everyone eventually figures out is just a marketing gimmick.

10000K is PURPLE, not blue, PURPLE.

Blue is 5000-6000. Most companies cannot properly guage what is and is not 8000K or higher. Just marketing gimmicks.
with all the guys on here with 6000k i dont think they look all that blue from the pics they have posted. the 6000k looks more like a light purple with a crisp white light in there as well. :dunno: i want something that has a blue light output but is still affective at night. maybe im asking for too much.

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
I have 7000k and it's purple, I recently had a chance to put in 6000k bulbs and they were very blue, looks much nicer imo

·
Banned
6,697 Posts
bluecougar said:
I have 7000k and it's purple, I recently had a chance to put in 6000k bulbs and they were very blue, looks much nicer imo
I like the purple look myself. Put some nice yellow HID fogs in, and you've got a great contrast, looks really nice IMO.

·
A bimmer chick moderator :)
48,236 Posts
actually I meant I like the blue better lol

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
bluecougar said:
:hmm: interesting. i didnt know that 6000k are more blue than 7000k. then why does the 10000k in the pic i posted look sooo blue?

btw: jlevi or umnitza do you guys sell just the d2s bulbs in 6000k or above? thats what i need instead of the hid kits. sorry for the confusion. thanks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts