BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

I'm new to the e46 Fanatics site but I have already learned quite a bit in the few weeks that I've spent reading threads. Ive been driving a 2003 M3 SMG for about 2 years now and although Ive had some trouble - including the infamous no-crank no-start situation - I absolutely love my car.

TO GET TO THE POINT
I want to start tuning my car now and was just wondering where i should begin. If you have any suggestions, could you give me (the name of) the upgrade, the cost, and how satisfied you are/were with the upgrade.

BTW-Obviously i could go FI but I can't exactly drop 10k in my car right now..

·
Carbon Fiber Member
705 Posts
Hey all

I'm new to the e46 Fanatics site but I have already learned quite a bit in the few weeks that I've spent reading threads. Ive been driving a 2003 M3 SMG for about 2 years now and although Ive had some trouble - including the infamous no-crank no-start situation - I absolutely love my car.

TO GET TO THE POINT
I want to start tuning my car now and was just wondering where i should begin. If you have any suggestions, could you give me (the name of) the upgrade, the cost, and how satisfied you are/were with the upgrade.

BTW-Obviously i could go FI but I can't exactly drop 10k in my car right now..
I'm gonna go ahead and tell you what everyone is going to say...

#1 what exactly do you want out of your car ? performance, looks, sound?
#2 You should think maintenance first. its worthless to have a full moded car that wont start or will die on you !

Things to do? The Sky is the limit ! also your wallet...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1. The car is now good to go now. My bad, i shouldve clarified that :facepalm:
2. Definately performance - i think an m3 is beautiful as they are
some carbon fiber would be nice though

Im just trying to find a place to start ie. intake, chip, exhaust?

·
Carbon Fiber Member
705 Posts
1. The car is now good to go now. My bad, i shouldve clarified that :facepalm:
2. Definately performance - i think an m3 is beautiful as they are
some carbon fiber would be nice though

Im just trying to find a place to start ie. intake, chip, exhaust?
I am pretty new to BMW myself, some other guys here can guide you better ! but i know that carbon fiber for BMW is expensive. atleast more expensive than for any other car. When it comes to intake, their are some really good kits out there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts